Default Height Adjustable Seat Problem

My 2011 Supra Launch 242 has a height adjustable seat. I am able to raise and lower the seat, but I can not get the seat to lock in at the raised height. Anybody have any experience with this?
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

I have the exact same issue on my 2011 Launch 22V - the seat will seem to lock, but as soon as i start to gain speed on the lake, it unlocks and drops all the way down. I'm guessing there is some sort of spring mechanism that holds the lever in locked position. I plan on diving in to this in the next couple of weeks, but if anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear it.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Quote Originally Posted by markthered View Post
    I have the exact same issue on my 2011 Launch 22V - the seat will seem to lock, but as soon as i start to gain speed on the lake, it unlocks and drops all the way down. I'm guessing there is some sort of spring mechanism that holds the lever in locked position. I plan on diving in to this in the next couple of weeks, but if anyone has any insight into this, I'd love to hear it.
    I might try and work on mine this coming weekend. If I discover something useful I will pass it on. I'm hoping maybe someone on here will have some experience they can share.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Hey guys my 2011 21v ran into the same issue a few years back and I put up a quick how to if you can search through my posts. If you cannot locate it, I can dig for it. Let me know if you find it.

Found it:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=16667
    Last edited by blackout_58; 03-08-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Thanks a million, that's perfect. I plan on attacking this problem this weekend, and this will absolutely help.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Quote Originally Posted by blackout_58 View Post
    Hey guys my 2011 21v ran into the same issue a few years back and I put up a quick how to if you can search through my posts. If you cannot locate it, I can dig for it. Let me know if you find it.

Found it:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ferrerid=16667
    Thanks for the link. Great write up. Now I know what to look for when I pull it apart. Probably should put some locktite on those nuts so they don't come loose again.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

I repaired my seat today. The link provided above was extremely helpful. One thing I would add is it helps to have auto trim removal tool to remove the retaining plugs from the rubber boot around the seat base. Not only were the bolts completely out from the two arms on mine, but also the two bolts from the center supports were coming loose.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

I repaired my seat yesterday. Sure enough, as soon as I moved the seat, I saw a loose bolt and nut laying on the floor. Thanks for the link and the tip on the trim removal tool, that was very helpful.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V