Exclamation Need prop shaft help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Afternoon!

I have a 1988 Supra Saltare, and I recently snapped the prop shaft after the strut. I have looked at a lot of website trying to find a new shaft at a good price. Does anybody know the proper dimensions or exactly where to find one?!?!?!?!?! I am lost!
    I have the PCM 454. The coupler is good and the strut is good...just need a shaft. I talked to one company that thinks its correct but I want to be sure....

BoatDesigns.com
    1" dam
    48" length
    standard propeller taper
    1/4" key
    3/4" standard thread
    $295 plus S&H

Is this correct? If not please help me find somewhere trustworthy to purchase one!

Any help is appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!

Google General Propeller . They build them send them your old one and they will duplicate it for you. I paid 260.00 for my Comp shaft.

The one from the boat is only half a shaft, does that make a difference?

skidim.com give them a call. Im sure they have your prop shaft

The shaft I sent them was missing just after the strut . They had no problem with that. Skidim is a good source for parts but they don't make prop shafts only retail them so they are more costly.

I know you said the strut was good, and your coupler was good but if your coupler is not a split coupler you really should replace it, a new one is only about $100. The problem with these is they need to be tight, and if it's not the split type, you can't get a tight fit once it's been removed from the shaft. The other thing you should do is replace the cutlass bearings while you have the shaft out, mine was a bitch, I had to destroy it in the strut with punches and hack saws etc but I did get it out, and you can press the new one in with a piece of threaded rod and some washers or sockets. And of course my obligatory PSA, lap the new setup, and hopefully you won't get another broken shaft.

Thank you all for your help!

Skidim.com I ordered a custom shaft from them and it was reasonably priced. Just call and they will ask for length and such and you will be good to go.