Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Interesting Craigslist finds

I've noticed all the other boat forums have a thread like this so I figured I'd start one for us. I found this 1995 Supra Comp ts6m with a GT40 engine on Craigslist, it's also on onlyinboards.com and I believe the seller posted it on the forums at one point.

Not trying to knock the seller too hard, but this boat is far from perfect condition. From what I saw when I looked at it, it appears that it was left uncovered all winter. The vinyl is black and yellow, the rear seats are cracking and the driver footwell was filled with water. To winterize it he said he removed the freeze plugs. When I looked at the boat there was one freeze plug removed on the front passenger side of the engine. The rest of the freeze plugs appeared to have been pushed out slightly and have rust stains dripping below them. I would be very concerned about this engine block having major issues at this point.

Just wanted to give a heads up on this one in case any of you were considering looking at this boat. For some reason my phone isn't letting me post the link.
    Last edited by 2001Sunsport; 04-04-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Old Sunsport, looks clean except for the decals http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/5483840536.html

I thought this was interesting. . . http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bod/5526395248.html

Had to google them, never heard of "hey day" inboards

They were initially presented as a product of Bryant Boats. Looks like they have shed that connection - either at the marketing level, or alltogeather.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by 2001Sunsport View Post
    I've noticed all the other boat forums have a thread like this so I figured I'd start one for us. I found this 1995 Supra Comp ts6m with a GT40 engine on Craigslist, it's also on onlyinboards.com and I believe the seller posted it on the forums at one point.

Not trying to knock the seller too hard, but this boat is far from perfect condition. From what I saw when I looked at it, it appears that it was left uncovered all winter. The vinyl is black and yellow, the rear seats are cracking and the driver footwell was filled with water. To winterize it he said he removed the freeze plugs. When I looked at the boat there was one freeze plug removed on the front passenger side of the engine. The rest of the freeze plugs appeared to have been pushed out slightly and have rust stains dripping below them. I would be very concerned about this engine block having major issues at this point.

Just wanted to give a heads up on this one in case any of you were considering looking at this boat. For some reason my phone isn't letting me post the link.
    ugh, what a waste. takes an hour to winterize, he just killed that boat's value out of laziness.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    ugh, what a waste. takes an hour to winterize, he just killed that boat's value out of laziness.
    Yea, it was a beautiful boat at some point. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Is the WT-1 actually for sale now? I hadn't heard anything about it in a while.

yeah it's for sale. a lot of the other forums have threads about it which are funny to read through. i myself wouldn't be caught dead in one--i think it's the pontiac aztec of the wake boat world. $40k can be much better spent on a used "real" wake boat.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    i think it's the pontiac aztec of the wake boat world.
    Nailed it. Different for the sake of different.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Saw a commercial for them somewhere looked pretty interesting but 40 i would prob rather get a V drive and stick to what works