Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer repair

Default Trailer repair

So I bought the boat in the end of August last year from the original owner. As you can see he shredded a tire on the fender pretty bad.

Spent the last weekend on it banging it out and putting a few new welds on and I think it turned out pretty well. Now time for some sanding, priming, and some implement paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double axle ftw. That was a hell of a blow out. Nice job, clean off all that rust before you shoot it!

Tom
    2002 Supra SL

That looks like the boat is sitting a long way back on the trailer. Can you lift the front of the trailer by hand. I pretty much can't lift my trailer. Admittedly that is too much weight over the Towbar but yours looks too rear heavy

Yes, I can lift it by hand. But it is like squatting plates approximately. It is on the original trailer and I pull it all the way up to the bow stop every time. Were the original trailers rear heavy?

Default Trailer repair

Started priming it up tonight, once I'm finished I will need to sand up a bit before spraying it. Also got some new vinyls made for the registration.

Very nice!

Looks like it is positioned on the trailer good to me, the engine should be right over the axle(s). Nice work!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

If u can lift the front easily then I personally think it's to rear heavy. From memory should be about 70-90kg down weight on tow ball. As long as there is some weight on the front then I think your ok.

That appears to be an OEM supra trailer made for that model of boat.
    Snug the nose of the boat up to the left and right vertical posts at front of trailer and you are done.

Got her primed up over the weekend.