Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignition guru's

I am willing to bet money that you are dealing with a spark problem and the culprit is your Pro-Tec ignition. If I am not mistaken, there is a gel of sorts in a specific part of the Pro-Tec and after a certain time period, it starts to fail and then bam, you have issues up to leaving you stranded on the water and having to get a tow back or until the gel cools down enough to limp the boat home. Seeing as how you have not had any issues with the boat in the previous two seasons of using it including your high power barefoot runs, fuel delivery is not likely to be the culprit.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    I am willing to bet money that you are dealing with a spark problem and the culprit is your Pro-Tec ignition. If I am not mistaken, there is a gel of sorts in a specific part of the Pro-Tec and after a certain time period, it starts to fail and then bam, you have issues up to leaving you stranded on the water and having to get a tow back or until the gel cools down enough to limp the boat home. Seeing as how you have not had any issues with the boat in the previous two seasons of using it including your high power barefoot runs, fuel delivery is not likely to be the culprit.
    This is true, but you can't blame me for wishful thinking.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    This is true, but you can't blame me for wishful thinking.
    Yeah, if your problem is a restriction in the fuel line, you'd probably be able to idle fine, but run into problems at higher RPM due to the increased demand for fuel. If you have misfires all over the place... ignition.