Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Started getting the boat ready. Late this year but it has been cold and wet most weekends so far. Replaced impeller which was 3 years old. Still soft and not cracked, only minor wear marks on the fins from the eccentric plate. New impeller, o-ring, and brass plate as the old one was quite worn soi I've had a new one sitting on the shelf for a while.

Then I broke one of the three bolts that hold it together. Drilled it out and used an extractor then off to the hardware store for 3 new bolts. Surprised the bolt snapped before the brass stripped, but the old bolts were fairly crusty. I think next time I'd like to do a full rebuild on the pump with new bearing and seal.

Had some time to drop my friend's boat in the water at my house on Sunday. He's got an '89 Comp and I have an '89 Conbrio. The boats are essentially the exact same (color, engine, trans) except for the open bow. Kinda neat seeing Comp/Conbrio twins side-by-side.

1464547998423.jpg
    '89 Conbrio

cadunkle on your Raw Water Pump, does it have a belt adjustment when taking it off and putting back on?
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    ACME 1433 Prop
    Ghetto Gate

Quote Originally Posted by SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE View Post
    cadunkle on your Raw Water Pump, does it have a belt adjustment when taking it off and putting back on?
    Yes, the bracket is adjustable. Belt goes around crank and RWP only.