Default Sumo Max Fill Ballast Pump and Bag

So, I purchased an 850lbs sack the other day to grow my surf wake. My old Straight Line 350's and Sumo 250's weren't cutting it, so I cut to the chase and ordered a 475... Since that wasn't direct enough, I order an 850 too the following weekend. I also got the new Sumo Max Fill pump, since my old Sumo Pump (the white one) was pretty slow to fill up even the 250's. (takes about a little under 2m40s to fill it up completely).
    I have to say... I won't ever look back switching to their new throw over pump...
    I did a video review here for anyone interested in watching the sack fill up an 850 with a throw over pump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhjr...ature=youtu.be

I will say this... The first time out on the water with this, I killed the ignition switch on the boat. It draws quite a bit of amps for an older boat... Luckily, I always carry spare 12 gauge wire and crimpers, so we didn't get stranded on the lake. Test it on the trailer, if you can... Trust me.

They say these pumps are reverse compatible with older bags... I'll have a video reviewing just how "true" that statement really is...

A few more test with the Straight Line pumps for anyone interested:

Sumo Pump vs 250 Sumo Sack:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bWs-2sFxTw

Straight Line Reverse Compatibility:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9BFUQFkZ8U

How many amps does that draw? Looks like it would draw 2x the older ones. 5-10a vs 10-15a?

had the same problem with my ronix 8.3 4700gph pump tripping my main breaker when using the stock 12v socket--they say it's rated for 25 amps. i wired up two new sockets (for two pumps) near the battery compartment with each wired direct to a separate battery using 10gauge wire, maybe a 2' run on the wiring. the new wire and sockets have never been an issue since.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Direct wiring is the way to go for sure. The Ronix pump specified that boats should be 2009 or newer. I always remember thinking... "psh.... who cares..." Well, I certainly learned my lesson.... So I figured I should share.

I really want to do a heads up fill on the Ronix vs Max Flow. I just can't dish out the $$$ to get more bags and pumps. Still need gas money to operate the boat!

either one is well worth the cost, my 800lb bags fill and drain in 2.5 minutes. more time in the water!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

I agree 100%!