Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

congratulations, must feel great to be on the water in it again. 10 years and she'll run, that's pretty cool.

i have an 87 saltare, the vinyl is also in surprisingly good shape. a little rough around the edges but you can't really tell.

pics?

I posted a picture of the boat in the "Pride&Joy" forum. The friend who gave it to me, put it away with liberal application of "fogging" oil in each cylinder. I had to work on ignition and carburation to get it running, but the fogging oil kept the engine free. It cleaned up great, there isn't a single tear in the seats, and I've got it running great. There are only a couple of very slight cosmetic blemishes, such as some almost unnoticable oxydation on the first foot of the bow, and the stripe and wave decal should be replaced on one side. Otherwise it is a near new 1988 Comp with less than 200 hours.

i saw the pic, it does look real clean. nice score.

i don't know if the decals are avail or not but i took mine off and never looked back. cleaned up and updated the boat imo. you might give that a shot before trying to order them if you decide to mess with it. otherwise, 303 uv protectant for the vinyl and run it often and you should be in business for a while.