Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakeland Surf Tabs

Picked up my boat last night with my new upgrade – Wakeland Surf Tabs.

My boat is a 2007 Supra SSV 22’.
    I installed SC Surf Platform last year.
    I upgraded the ballast bags and pumps years ago.

Last summer I thought about:
    1) Building Ghetto Gates
    2) Buying or Building the Ronix Wake Shaper
    3) Going with Trim Tabs (the more expensive route)

Looked at several solutions for Surf Tabs – WakeMAKERS (where I purchased my ballast upgrade) and Wakeland. I was not going to build tabs. Since I live Knoxville, I went with Wakeland. They are located by the SC plant. Plus, I visited the shop and spoke with the owner. He also has a 22' SSV

Added a spacer on the swim platform mount.
    I placed the controller on the right-side of the dash. By the wake plate guage.
    Pretty straight forward system.

I hope to get my boat ready for Sunday and bring the GoPro. Been too busy over the last 2-3 weeks and I’m feeling guilty.

I had a nice surf wake before, so it will be interesting to see what I have now. I'm glad I can just load up the back two (2) ballast bags and off I go. No more loading all the people to one side. I really hope it makes the wake longer. I will be adjusting the positions and the location of weight. I also added a bow bag years ago.

Looking forward to the testing and adjusting.

Mark

Looks great, and definitely looking forward to your review! What was their shop like?

I'm jealous... Looking forward to the review.

So why did you go with the Autoflow 1.0 tabs over the Autoflow 2.0 tabs? And can you tell us (or PM me) the price of the Wakeland system?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinOj View Post
    Looks great, and definitely looking forward to your review! What was their shop like?
    it was a small machine shop right down the street from the SC and Boatmate plants. Those two are next to one another. There is also a wake tower shop right there. I think it's XTP - Extreme Tower Products. Monster Tower is probably a 15 min drive from there.

Nothing that fancy, but it was really clean. People building parts and people filling orders. Had some offices up front and the machine shop in the back. Machines to cut parts out of aluminum. I'm pretty sure the system controller is designed here and built overseas. Probably everything else is built right there.

I think they do a bunch of smaller things. For example, when I was there on Thursday night, the owner was showing me pics of the trophies they just finished for the Supra (PWT) Pro Wakeboard Tour. Really cool looking with all the detail. Cut from aluminum.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 05-06-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So why did you go with the Autoflow 1.0 tabs over the Autoflow 2.0 tabs? And can you tell us (or PM me) the price of the Wakeland system?
    I did not have a choice for my hull. That is what was tested and worked.

I had some discussions with them about the size/shape of the tab. I was told the moral of the story is bigger is not always better.

The actuators are a newer model that give a greater degree of angle in the water. I'm not sure what the first models used.

Also, my year hull was one of the harder ones to get dialed in for design that worked best.

Looks good. Can't wait to see how your wake looks.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Default MJH mic drop

MJH, that looks awesome! Will await your review with anticipation.
    Such a classy boat and excellent choice in upgrades.
    I know how much this cost and it will be well worth it, I'm sure.
    Thanks for posting and sharing.

Same system that was just installed on my 2013 SA. Have only had it out and played around with it a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - For Sale
    2013 Supra SA450 with da FLOW
    2015 RAM 1500 Hemi - tow rig
    http://www.tffor.org

Whats it look like deployed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk