Default Mariah vs. Legacy

Hey everyone, well in full disclosure I am still about a year from getting into a Supra. I just got married in March and have a house now so the boat seems to be on the waiting list. However, that doesn't stop me from looking everyday as to what's out there. My question for you guys concerns the old school Mariah and the not as old school Legacy. If you go to boat trader and look up used supras you can see both. There is a 1991 Mariah for approx $12k or a 2001 Legacy for $13k-15k. I understand basic differences and basic reasons for boat price similarities but these 2 boats in particular have a 10 year span between them and only a very minimal price difference. Can anyone comment as to why? Are Mariahs just that expensive? If so why does the Legacy not follow suit? Seems like it would be priced higher?

From a financial standpoint it seems that one would be crazy not to gain 10 years and go for the Legacy (assuming the goal was to simply own an inboard open bow supra). I have learned a ton from this forum over the last year just reading and watching but I haven't actually spent any time riding in these different boats to answer my questions first hand.

I appreciate all the feedback you guys have and please, feel free to comment on any of the older model supras as to their wake, how you used them, how you liked/disliked them, etc. Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
    Hey everyone, well in full disclosure I am still about a year from getting into a Supra. I just got married in March and have a house now so the boat seems to be on the waiting list. However, that doesn't stop me from looking everyday as to what's out there. My question for you guys concerns the old school Mariah and the not as old school Legacy. If you go to boat trader and look up used supras you can see both. There is a 1991 Mariah for approx $12k or a 2001 Legacy for $13k-15k. I understand basic differences and basic reasons for boat price similarities but these 2 boats in particular have a 10 year span between them and only a very minimal price difference. Can anyone comment as to why? Are Mariahs just that expensive? If so why does the Legacy not follow suit? Seems like it would be priced higher?

From a financial standpoint it seems that one would be crazy not to gain 10 years and go for the Legacy (assuming the goal was to simply own an inboard open bow supra). I have learned a ton from this forum over the last year just reading and watching but I haven't actually spent any time riding in these different boats to answer my questions first hand.

I appreciate all the feedback you guys have and please, feel free to comment on any of the older model supras as to their wake, how you used them, how you liked/disliked them, etc. Thanks again everyone!

Since you know the differences between the two boats I won't go there.
    Suffice to say IMHO that the Mariah is priced a bit too high and the legacy a bit too low.
    That said it only accounts for approx 5000 to add to your differentiation.
    The rest is up to you, what kind of boat you want, how you plan to use it, etc.

Hello,

I bought a 1999 Supra legacy (no tower) last year, 400 hours, cherry condition. Paid $13200, well worth it. Came with every skiing option possible.
    Do not know of the Mariah, but age of it is questionable, I am not sure if plywood flooring was used in Mariah, certainly not in Legacy