Default speedo reads half speed

at this time I think I will replace the wheel, has any one done this before. I would imagine that it is glued onto the hull, is there a good way to get it off.
    Michael Yopp 603-661-3909

We could use a bit more information... but some of these are actually just screwed in or kind of 'snapped' in to a through-hull fitting, easily replaceable.

Pics? Model and year of boat? Brand of speedometer pickup?

Default speedometer wheel

I have a 2006 supra launch and the speedometer reads at half speed, I am looking at getting a new wheel and would like to know if any one has replaced one.[QUOTE=michael y. I would imagine that it is glued onto the hull, is there a good way to get it off.
    Michael Yopp 603-661-3909[/QUOTE]

You need to tell us the model of paddlewheel you have or at least a picture of it. Most I've seen (Perfect Pass) just push in and screw tight, with an o-ring or two to seal to the housing. The housing is sealed with 5200 to the hull with a large plastic nut on the inside to pull it tight. If you have this style you don't need to replace the housing, but remove the inner part with sensor/wheel/wire and inspect. You can get the wheel and axle separately if the wheel is damaged (most likely) or get the whole inner part if that is damaged or failed.