Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

All built.. Took about 3 hours, just playing with angles and how I wanted it all screwed together. I'm pleased with version 1. I have enough cutting board left over to build a new blade shape and different angle plates. Tomorrow is the moment of truth, since I still haven't seen one of these on a 2006 Supra SSV. With all the angles on the bottom of the hull it's gonna have to mount pretty high up. Hopefully it grabs the water well!

If anyone needs a cutting board, I found a massive hook up here in Conroe. 15"x22"x.5" board for $15.xx
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Guys, I am relatively new to the surfing side of things and have only owned my 2007 21V Launch for about 1-1/2 years and agree that the first thing I saw was the swim platform destroying the wake. I went online and purchased a 8' piece of 4" aluminum wide-flange. I unbolted the platform from the existing factory brackets and cut two pieces of the wide-flange to hard mount directly to the top of the brackets and them remounted the swim platform directly to the top of the wide-flange. All work was done with a saws-all, a 4" sander and a drill and took a couple of hours but it was well worth it and should last forever. Short of replacing the platform this seemed to be my best option and worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by sailing01 View Post
    Guys, I am relatively new to the surfing side of things and have only owned my 2007 21V Launch for about 1-1/2 years and agree that the first thing I saw was the swim platform destroying the wake. I went online and purchased a 8' piece of 4" aluminum wide-flange. I unbolted the platform from the existing factory brackets and cut two pieces of the wide-flange to hard mount directly to the top of the brackets and them remounted the swim platform directly to the top of the wide-flange. All work was done with a saws-all, a 4" sander and a drill and took a couple of hours but it was well worth it and should last forever. Short of replacing the platform this seemed to be my best option and worked out well.
    Essentially did you just raise the platform higher? How were the results? I have a 05 21v. Using the suck gate getting a great wake but I am sure it would be better with no platform cutting into the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone experimented with different angle plates yet? I see a lot of people going with an almost straight out, 90-90 degree angle from the side of the boat. i have about a 35 degree angle on mine, and it works well for me. I'm wondering what a steeper angle will do to the shape and height of the wave
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Yes. This just raised it by 4" and it now barely catches the top of the wake at 10 MPH. I am shopping for my materials now to build a Wake Gate (Shaper) and can't wait to try it out next week.

Mine is for sale... It sucked, not in a good way. It doesn't work well on a 24ssv. First problem is it slides all around unless the boat is dry when you put it on, no real solution to that. I tied a rope to it off the front cleat, it kept it from sliding back and from there I moved it all over the side of the boat. High, low, front back, and played with ballast and wake plate at each platoon before I moved it again. I'm tired.. Getting in and out of the boat, surfing, moving the gate.. It was exhausting research for no payoff lol.
    The best wave I got was as far back and low as I could put it. The wave was pretty, but it had zero push unless I drained the middle 1200lb bag, but then the pocket got so short and close to the boat it wasn't worth having the gate on.
    Only thing I might try is a shallower angle on the plate, but I don't see that helping.
    I'm working on pics... Can't seem to get them to upload for some reason tonight.
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Mine is for sale... It sucked, not in a good way. It doesn't work well on a 24ssv. First problem is it slides all around unless the boat is dry when you put it on, no real solution to that. I tied a rope to it off the front cleat, it kept it from sliding back and from there I moved it all over the side of the boat. High, low, front back, and played with ballast and wake plate at each platoon before I moved it again. I'm tired.. Getting in and out of the boat, surfing, moving the gate.. It was exhausting research for no payoff lol.
    The best wave I got was as far back and low as I could put it. The wave was pretty, but it had zero push unless I drained the middle 1200lb bag, but then the pocket got so short and close to the boat it wasn't worth having the gate on.
    Only thing I might try is a shallower angle on the plate, but I don't see that helping.
    I'm working on pics... Can't seem to get them to upload for some reason tonight.
    i think the shallower angle might work better. i see people using a steep angle and getting mixed results. I'm having good results with about 35 degree of angle off the boat hull, but im also in an old direct drive sunsport.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Had to take the waves off the side of the boat to suck it on but mine works great and never even budged with multiple people surfing for over an hour.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    ACME 1433 Prop
    Ghetto Gate

Tweaked my nss plate some more. Works great. The ability to fine tune the wave with a slightly different plate is awesome.

Ended up with 2" out, .875" down. This made for a long pocket, that has all the push.

Pic is with 1200 lbs around the doghouse, 4 people, 10.5mph and a relatively full tank of gas. 96 ski brendella pro comp

Time to machibe the aluminum bracket with a spring loaded plunger

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a solution for a launch 242 or Sunsport 242? I'd like to try something out on mine, but the hull back where it attaches looks like a challenge.