Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well my suck gate worked great....until it fell off after a few passes. After that it just kept falling off. The idea works great but need more sucking power!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I'd do something about that platform though. that thing is going to dig into your wave something terrible.
    Yes it sure does dig in! It's on my list of projects!

Quote Originally Posted by torch View Post
    Well my suck gate worked great....until it fell off after a few passes. After that it just kept falling off. The idea works great but need more sucking power!
    I got the Seastow handle and its SUCKS real good! I had the cheaper one and I notice a huge difference in sucking power.

Quote Originally Posted by plav77 View Post
    I got the Seastow handle and its SUCKS real good! I had the cheaper one and I notice a huge difference in sucking power.
    How is your gate attached to handle? I can't tell from the picture of yours. I'll try the seastow or I found an abaco aluminum handle one that looks stronger than the HOD.

Nevermind, found it on another forum. I ordered the seastow and will make that version. I also ordered the abaco aluminum handle to replace my current HOD design. Now I will have two suckgates and can try both and compare. Also nice if one fails I will have a backup.

Anybody notice a difference if you put the blade on front or back facing when attached to the boat?

How is your gate attached to handle? I can't tell from the picture of yours. I'll try the seastow or I found an abaco aluminum handle one that looks stronger than the HOD.
    You need to take the suction cups off and then screw it in from the inside. It takes 2 people to get the pins out of the handle but it's pretty easy. It's a bit tricky to get the screws in through. I used a drill bit to make the pilot hole then used a ratchet with a drill bit at the end to get the screw in since you can't use a drill. I used a 3 1/2 hole saw and fits perfectly.

20160621_082858.jpg
    20160621_082828.jpg

Anybody notice a difference if you put the blade on front or back facing when attached to the boat?
    I have found the further back the blade the better.
    Here is a picture of my old suckgate under water all the way to the back.
    Nice thing is I can move it closer to the front of the boat if I like to play around with the placement.

20160601_163227.jpg

I would think blade in front would push suction cups against boat while blade in back would have a tendency to pull them outward. Maybe not though since yours is working.

I would think blade in front would push suction cups against boat while blade in back would have a tendency to pull them outward. Maybe not though since yours is working.
    The great thing about the design is it can be used either way.
    With my blade at the back it's never come off.