Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I've already started stripping it for a stringer and interior job. image.jpgimage.jpg
    Looks like I'll be reading for hours on here on how to do it and what to use. I'm leaning toward pulling the cap/engine and finding a shop to do the rest.
    Last edited by Hatchguy; 05-11-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Welcome Hatchguy! Greetings from Lake Norman. Congrats on the comp. For what it's worth I hope you will document your stringer job well and share with us. I've spent a lot of time reading from some guys on here that have done stringers and am always intrigued at their handy work. Love the finished product! Best of luck to you . . . and for real - keep us posted.

image.jpgcurrent image.jpgsituation

I have an 89 comp. The stringers weren't horrible near the motor mounts (they did have rot). The worse parts were actually in the driver area under the foot well. Supra drilled holes through the main stringer just under the plastic foot well to drain any water.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael hunter; 05-13-2016 at 07:04 AM.

If you are going to have a shop do the stringers make sure you keep a close eye on them. Once the floor boards are installed who knows what sins are covered up. Get as many pics as possible throughout the process. That will help at resale when you tell buyers you have new stringers. Most members do their own to guarantee process and quality.

Yeah I talked to sextons marine which was mentioned several times on here. He said I was about the 3rd supra guy to call him recently. He agreed to take pictures and all. Im still debating on doing it myself though. It seems like everyone is using different materials from different places. I'll more than likely have to order all the resign and fiber online.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    If you are going to have a shop do the stringers make sure you keep a close eye on them. Once the floor boards are installed who knows what sins are covered up.
    This could not be any more of a true statement...let's just say I know a guy.

Anyway, your boat is rather easy to do a full restoration on. I did (started) mine over a year ago and am down to just two items to have the boat basically returned to factory condition but without the shoddy work and I made some improvements to it as well. It is definitely a labor of love as I could have bought a newer boat for all that I have into it now. But, it is mine and it is an accomplishment for me.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Can anyone provide a supply list of what ALL I'll need? I've gone through several threads but ppl use different stuff and no one has a list with quantities needed. I'm not talking about wood or foam (not refoaming) just the resins, sealers, glass whatever.

No one that's done it has a list saved away somewhere?