Thread: Vision System

Default Vision System

Ok so I'm new to the Supra boats but i had an opportunity to steel a sa450 world addition so i took advantage now that I've had the beauty for a couple weeks i have started having a couple issues but nothing major.. main issue i can't figuree out is like twice now I've had my vision system and the switched on the left side of the steering wheel go completely out.. it freaked me out first time turned boat of flipped the battery switch and boom back up and running.. next week i go out hit some ruff water and a couple mins in system goes back out and so do switches on left side.. so i do the same thing with shutting everything down and no help.. pulled out owners manual started to flip some cicut breakers and got nothing so we doc up and go for some food come back hour later andBOOM everything is perfect and works fine for the rest of the day(2hours). I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as I'm not very savy with electronics but I'm not stupid either i can figure out a lot by playing around.. thanks

We just bought a 2016 SE and are having the same problem. According to our dealer, who has tried to fix this twice, they were just notified by Supra that this is known issue for which there is an update. We just dropped our boat off yesterday to have this done. I hope it fixes it because this is quite the pain in the ass. With ours, almost none of the switches work, including the ballast, and our underwater lights never work when they are under water. Also the vision screen gets very hot. After seeing this problem, it concerns me that if vision goes out one cannot empty ballast (and get the boat out of the water). Therefore, I think it is important to learn how to bypass the system in order to empty ballast. When we purchased the Supra, we were under the impression that the switches were a good redundancy feature, but they are obviously not. I am surprised the Supra people don't monitor this site and have not addressed your concern. Good luck to both of us!

I've had similar issues with my 2016 SA450, mostly with the stereo though....cutting on and off randomly, increasing and decreasing volume, changing sources. I too took my boat to the dealer to have the update installed and I'm still having problems. Super frustrating, for this amount of money i expect better

Hey Dancollier111,

I'm sure you probably got it fixed by now, but I had the same problem with my stereo going out. I found out it was the battery wires not being grounded which caused all kinds of problems with the stereo and lights. If your stereo goes out, look at the surge protector and I bet it's lit up red.

Jaime

Have either of you found the problem here mine is blacked out and the toggles on the left will not work

Quote Originally Posted by Skrebs View Post
    Have either of you found the problem here mine is blacked out and the toggles on the left will not work
    Did you get your screen working?
    2018 Supra SL400