Default Wakeplate position for surfing?

I'm sure this question has been asked 100 times or more, and it probably has gotten different answers each time. But, I'm gonna ask it anyway. I have a 95' Supra Saltare. We have it weighted pretty well for surfing and the wave is decent. But, I'm wondering if changing the position of the old wakeplate would give me anything more than I'm getting now. I've always heard that down is better for surfing. Have any of you folks out there surfing these old DD's like the Saltare's and Sunsport's messed with this at all? What has been your experience? Thanks!

If there's a thread on this already, maybe someone can point me in that direction.

I get the biggest wake nose up.

Putting it up will push the nose up and make the wave steeper. Putting it down will make the nose ride lower and make the pocket longer.

I weighted the hell out of the back corner and then put the wakeplate all the way down.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I run anywhere between 50-75% up depending what kind of wave I want. Like Wotan said, up will be steeper but shorter, down will be less steep but longer. Just depends what you're after.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V