Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmysupra View Post
    It's just a matter of preference on what your looking for. I like the sound of in inboard motor as much as the next guy. But I like the quietness for summer fun and super loud music. It's not drag racing its family fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, agree, mufflers don't compare (to a FAE).
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

To each his own, but OP expressed an interest in retaining some classic ski boat sound and did not want it completely silent. That's why I suggested mufflers.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    To each his own, but OP expressed an interest in retaining some classic ski boat sound and did not want it completely silent. That's why I suggested mufflers.
    You're right about that, and updated/improved mufflers might be the ticket. I suppose if I keep the boat long enough (it's been 10 years now, but you never know) I'll have to do floors, stringers, etc. and I could put in some better mufflers at that time. Right now, everything is under the floor, and under the fuel tank. And I'm fairly certain that the fuel tank was put in the boat before the cap was put on (a story for another time). So... it's a good idea that will have to wait.

Meanwhile, I'm considering this as a way to spend a little money on improving the boat: Airguide Speedometer GPS retrofit

At risk of hijacking my own thread, has anyone seen or used one of those? At $200 I'm not sure. At $100/each I'd probably do both speedometers, ha.

No I will highjack your thread. I bought the Airguide speedometer for my 2006 24ssv because the paddle wheel was broken. The GPS speedo works great, super easy to install and set up. My perfect pass works great with it and I am always right in sync withe GPS speedo I have on my phone.

Back to the thread at hand. I purchased a FAE and should have it within a week or so. I purchased it because surfing with 3000# of ballast makes that v8 rumble too much. When I am pulling a surfer I can't hear the person sitting behind me. When I first starting looking into the fae it was for CO purposes only but the sound reduction sealed the deal for me. Plus, I drive a v8 hemi with headers and flow master catbacks as a daily driver. I don't need a v8 rumble on the water too.

Quote Originally Posted by steinkda1984 View Post
    No I will highjack your thread. I bought the Airguide speedometer for my 2006 24ssv because the paddle wheel was broken. The GPS speedo works great, super easy to install and set up. My perfect pass works great with it and I am always right in sync withe GPS speedo I have on my phone.

Back to the thread at hand. I purchased a FAE and should have it within a week or so. I purchased it because surfing with 3000# of ballast makes that v8 rumble too much. When I am pulling a surfer I can't hear the person sitting behind me. When I first starting looking into the fae it was for CO purposes only but the sound reduction sealed the deal for me. Plus, I drive a v8 hemi with headers and flow master catbacks as a daily driver. I don't need a v8 rumble on the water too.
    Yes same for me and with running the ronix wedge rpms went up that would of made more noise

Thanks for the input, I'll be interested to hear how you like the FAE. And good to know on the speedo too - for the moment I've got one broken pitot so that's the issue on one side. The other one still reads... more or less ok. I actually ride more with a friend behind his boat than I do with mine. But I was kinda looking at the GPS speedo as a way to spend some birthday money.

Let me know how the FAE goes. My daily driver is pretty quiet, although not as quiet as some. I also have a 1961 Ford F100 with a 292 V8 but the exhaust isn't as loud as the tires on that truck, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'll be interested to hear how you like the FAE. And good to know on the speedo too - for the moment I've got one broken pitot so that's the issue on one side. The other one still reads... more or less ok. I actually ride more with a friend behind his boat than I do with mine. But I was kinda looking at the GPS speedo as a way to spend some birthday money.

Let me know how the FAE goes. My daily driver is pretty quiet, although not as quiet as some. I also have a 1961 Ford F100 with a 292 V8 but the exhaust isn't as loud as the tires on that truck, haha.
    And just like that someone stole exhaust system from boat

Woah, that sucks! Where do you keep your boat?! And... unless their boat is extremely similar, it's absolutely stupid because they won't be able to use it!

I'm lucky that my boat sits in the water all the time, so I'm confident no one is going underwater to steal parts off it. Although a friend found his prop on the bottom of the lake one day under his boat. Either a prank by some clever friends, or he somehow lost the nut and was lucky to back it off when he reversed into the dock while parking. Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    Woah, that sucks! Where do you keep your boat?! And... unless their boat is extremely similar, it's absolutely stupid because they won't be able to use it!

I'm lucky that my boat sits in the water all the time, so I'm confident no one is going underwater to steal parts off it. Although a friend found his prop on the bottom of the lake one day under his boat. Either a prank by some clever friends, or he somehow lost the nut and was lucky to back it off when he reversed into the dock while parking. Who knows....
    Left it at a friends for the night on trailer so I didn't have to pull it an hour home. Ironically 2 houses down kid is a boat tech? And fae has told me that if anyone orders just the inserts from this area they will notify me

I talked to a guy this weekend who took his off because if effected his surfing wake.
    Anyone else notice this?