Thread: DIY Bimini

Default DIY Bimini

I've owned this boat for several years and always wanted a Bimini for it. We dismantled my daughters trampoline so I decided to make good use of the galvanized 1-1/2" tubing. I ordered the vinyl from tarpsupply.com, 96"x80" heavy duty 40oz Vinyl with grommets every 6" (special order) . Cost me $121 with shipping. $10 for zip ties, $11 for rope, $10 in paint, $5 for bolts and nuts, $14 for pipe insulation. Total $171!!!!!! Kinda cheating cause I had the steel tubing already. I bolted it right to the tower. Ya,,,,,,, I know, I should have bought a bolt on kit, but $5 vs $200,,,, $5 was a way better deal!!!! I'm able to put my Water skis, slalom ski, wakeboard, wakesurf board, and kneeboard on it. I would love to get tower racks but I'm on a budget. At least everything is off the floor!!!!!! Me and my son spent 2 days building it and putting it on. It was a great father son project and it didn't cost me very much. However I built it to withstand towing back and forth to the lake, 3 trips so far no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks awesome man!!! Personally I love re purposing things to make them work how you want. Looks solid and seems to provide plenty of shade.