Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation New purchase. 2004 22 ssv gravity games edition help!!!!

Hey everyone, first post here. So I bought a 2004 ssv, gravity games edition. Apparently this was a trade show boat in 04 for supra from what I'm being told. Boat is in great shape but as a first time supra owner I have some questions. The boat has been sitting for 2 years covered in a shop. Any comments or concerns about this boat? I'm going to change All the fluids and do the impeller. A few things don't work like the fuel, trim, and speedo gauges. It has an aftermarket tower that supra put on it. With speakers, lights, and some kind of screen. Can't get any of that to work, it has a plug going from the tower into another plug coming from the hole for all this. Has 2 amps in the battery compartment and the sub under the dash. Has the 3 ballast bags, they All fill and drain, rear left fills a little slow unless I'm under way. Boat has 290 hours on it, motor runs s great. I know it's a GM 5.7 but that's about it. I'm well versed in my small blocks but dont know exactly what's in it. Dont know anything about v drives or the transmission but I'm very mechanical and have a full shop. Any tips, links to reference material, etc? I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how to. Thanks everyone!

I have the same boat so if you ever have questions I'm glad to assist.

To address a few things you mentioned. It's odd that another tower would be added because these come factory with a tower. As for all the stuff not working that could be very minor or very major. The speedo, tach etc is more than likely just a bad connection on the wiring harness. It happened to me and I just undid the harness, cleaned it out very well and hooked back up. The speakers etc not working could be as small as a fuse or wire unhooked or worst case scenario blown speakers and ruined amp. The motor you have is a 325 indimar motor, wonderful motor and v-drive that is very reliable. I would love to see some pics of it, feel free to text them and I can post them for you if you don't figure it out.

Awesome thank you! There's some pics on my profile page. Shoot me your number in a pm and I'll text you some pics. Got the stereo working, it was just a bad deck. Got the trim gauge working. Haven't tackled the fuel gauge yet. Also there's 4 switches under the dash I'm not sure what they do yet, maybe the extra lights. I think this is the rad a cage tower with some upgraded stuff. There's a screen with a camera in it and 4 kickers .

I would do what you said - focus on the motor and drive components first - oil, trans fluid, and v-drive. There are many threads on those topics.
    I would remove the gas, put some new gas in, run it with the new gas, then change the fuel filter.
    Check the belt.
    You said you are changing the impeller.
    I would also look at the plugs and cap.

Check the supra site for manuals:
    http://www.supraboats.com/sites/defa...wners_2004.pdf

Then I would focus on the ballast system. If you look on the bottom of the boat, you may have a scupper on the ballast inlet. That helps force water into the system. If the system works, that will get you through this year. There are threads on here for upgrading bags and pumps.

Since the ballast is working, then you have the tunes to focus on.

Thanks man. Got the tunes working, got some other stuff working. I think my center ballast bag is leaking at the inlet connection. Gonna fill it up next trip and see. I think this thing is too heavy for my truck. Sitting here doing the math. I'm right at the trucks limit..... oh boy. This may have just got expensive...

The fuel gauge could be the sending unit.
    You can check the gauge by grounding it on the back and have someone watch the needle. I needed to replace the sending unit in the tank(http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/level...l#.V1hAAab2aAY).

To verify the sending unit, you can pull up the floor sections (8 screws, 4 in each corner of each panel and pull up hard). Then it is just a matter of ~6-8 bolts holding it in the tank. Take it out and slide the float up the rod. If the gauge moves, then the float was probably fuel logged.

Get a yard stick and put it in the hole and re-order based on the depth of the tank, new unit will be more accurate. Stock I found reading E with ~1/2 tank left. New sending unit I could get within a few drops of fumes.

What truck are you pulling with?
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

That's good info on the sending unit. I have to do all the fluids and the impeller so I'll add that to the list. Towing with a 2008 GMC vortex max with the trailering package. Receiver is rated at 5000 lbs. I'm right there. Boat weighs 3250 according to supra. Trailer weighs 1500 I'm pretty sure so I'm right there. Gonna get bags and a new receiver. Does anyone have an idea of the tounge weight of this monster?

Post some pics. It's easier if you use a web pic hosting site, then reference the link in your posts.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...5-Posting-Pics

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ge-profile-pic

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...utube-or-Viemo

There's some pics in my profile. I'll upload some more

Sweet looking boat. That is a Roswell tower and I have seen others with that on it. Maybe they did a few from the factory or that was aftermarket. I am not sure your boat is really a true Gravity Games edition. Not that it matter. It is the same boat, but the Gravity Games boats from 2004 were blue and black. I think all of them were. I also think they had a 340HP motor upgrade and stitching in the upholstery. Again same boat, but just so you know. Who knows though, they could have done something custom for a dealer or something. Sexy boat and I really like it with that tower. Enjoy