Default Adding an onboard charger

Hey guys, now that I'm all moved into the new house I can get back to messing with the boat.
    I'm looking at putting an onboard charger on it. I've got 2 batteries with the factory VSR and switch ('06 24SSV GG)
    I've searched and read everything I can find but I can't figure out if it's ok to run a 2 bank charger and charge both batts at the same time with the VSR. Also, on a side note, anyone know if the factory one is a dual or single sense?
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Get a bigger alternator and charge both batteries that way. Plenty of diy forums.

An alternator doesn't help me keep my batts charged and maintained while the boat is siting in my shop. Plus I already have an upgraded alternator. Lol

i think this one would do exactly what you're looking for? http://www.batterymart.com/p-gen2-mi...wydRoCNDDw_wcB
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Your onboard charger will be connected directly to your batteries. One set of leads to each battery from the charger. This will bypass any Perko, VSR, ACR that may be associated with your set up. The VSR is not anything to worry about, the battery charger output will not be enough to engage it anyhow.
    Last edited by Plum Nauti; 06-17-2016 at 10:05 AM.

A 2 bank charger is what you need. I like that NOCO better than any of the fishing ones but it's probably cheaper through Amazon.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum Nauti View Post
    Your onboard charger will be connected directly to your batteries. One set of leads to each battery from the charger. This will bypass any Perko, VSR, ACR that may be associated with your set up. The VSR is not anything to worry about, the battery charger output will not be enough to engage it anyhow.
    That is how my 2011 is setup. No issues and seems to work great.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Thanks guys... I'm picking it up now, that's what I needed to hear.

2 bank is what you want. I installed a 2 bank battery charger 2 years ago and its keeping my original 08 batteries going strong.... Like stated before, just hook one bank to each battery and you will be good to go.

20160326_162316000_iOS.jpg

lost the photos in a forum server move a few years ago - but this post shows what I put in 7 years ago - still working great!

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...3655#post13655
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.