Default steering question on 2007 Launch 21V

The steering on my 07 Launch 21V seems to be getting very loose (maybe an 1/8 turn play in the steering wheel with no real noticeable change of direction for the boat). Also, the steering wheel is no longer properly aligned.....I have to turn the wheel about a 1/4 turn left to keep the boat straight. I don't really know too much about how the steering system works on the boat. Anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting or any guidance on fixing this problem?

I have an 04' and it had a lot of play. Replaced the cable and it seemed to help, fixed it completely. I'm a new supra owner but I've read these cables have a tendency to go. If it was me I would probably start there, but hard to say without looking at it.

Nine years for a steering cable isn't a bad lifespan. How many hours do you have on the boat? If you use it a fair amount, 9 years is probably time for a new cable.

You should be able to read a part number stamped into the cable along the casing, something like SSC12320 where the last 2 digits are the length in feet.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    Nine years for a steering cable isn't a bad lifespan. How many hours do you have on the boat? If you use it a fair amount, 9 years is probably time for a new cable.

You should be able to read a part number stamped into the cable along the casing, something like SSC12320 where the last 2 digits are the length in feet.
    the boat has about 420 hours on it.