Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Supra SA Issues, need opinions.

I purchased a new 2016 SA 400 3 weeks ago and have had several problems. The day I went to pick it up the dealer performed a Screen update and the screen crashed and I had to drive back home empty handed because he could not fix it. 4 days later we have a new screen so I went to pick up and Hooked my truck to the trailer and it had no brakes on trailer. The dealer decided to deliver the boat to my lake and took the trailer back to get the brake line repair performed. Took the boat out that day and realized the computer thought the front tank was the rear tank so it would not fill properly. Then noticed my bilge pump kept turning on and noticed there was a leak in the hull of the boat at the water intake line for the motor. The factory had drilled a hole in the wrong place in the hull and never fixed it then the next day the steering wheel controls quit working and all of the audio and auxiliary power plugs quit working. Also noticed the Zero Off would surge very bad, not usable and the speed was not accurate it was nearly 4 MPH off. Due to the amount of issues the dealer decides to send back to factory for repairs. Factory installs new GPS antenna and replaces the control module, an electrical plug connection was replaced and trailer was repaired. Then boat was returned to dealer and I picked up. This weekend everything ran much better but stereo sub is not working then next day the steering wheel controls quit working again.

I am very disappointed with my purchase. i had a MC for 7 years and never had a single issue. I love the boat but not sure how to continue. Would love everyones opinion. Try to get money back? Try to get a new boat built? Any thoughts?

That's quite a string of bad luck. I can sense your frustration and I certainly understand it. Seems like your dealer should be a bit more proactive and just get you a new boat. Not sure what I would want to do at this point, but pretty sure I'd be ready to give up on the one you're in.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Sounds like a new Jaguar my sister bought a few years ago. Endless string of problems and when she finally gave up and tried trading it in on a Lexus they wouldn't take it, they ended up offering her $3,000.

I would get out while you have the chance. She always regretted not giving the Jaguar back after it broke down the first day she owned it.

What dealer are you working with?

Every new boat has a few issues, sounds like you have more than average.
    I know SC does a lake test on each boat. Did you dealer run though the same with you - sounds like the answer is no?

Some of that should have been caught - brakes, water intake.
    Those other electric problems take longer to find when they work one day, then stop working the next - steering wheel, stereo.
    But all should be fixable since it's brand new. An item like a Sub should be an easy diagnosis for a dealer.

There are a few guys on the Moomba forum that have these boats (2016 SA), they are not reporting issues like this.

If you are not getting anywhere with the dealer, call SC. I know Rick Tinker is often reading these posts. He will make something happen or give you options.

Keep us updated.

We had virtually no warranty problems with our boat, and the couple of little things were handled quickly. I can only imagine SC will do what it takes to fix your issues, they have been a very stand up company to deal with for us. Surely if it's down to stereo issues it's not a huge thing to get it resolved.

Kevin Allen

Spoke with Dealer and Factory is aware of some stereo issues associated with bluetooth. However they currently do not have a fix yet. They are also trying to figure out why the steering wheel controls have gone out for the second time.FullSizeRender 4.jpgFullSizeRender 4.jpg

Nice looking boat. Did you order the colors or was that the red one that Premier had in stock?
    Ever think about tinting the windows? It would look killer with that color combo.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 06-23-2016 at 01:22 AM.

He is right, here is my SE, tinted windows finish it off!

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Wow, the tinted windows look great. And is is the boat from Premier.

Angry Zero Off Issues

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    What dealer are you working with?

Every new boat has a few issues, sounds like you have more than average.
    I know SC does a lake test on each boat. Did you dealer run though the same with you - sounds like the answer is no?

Some of that should have been caught - brakes, water intake.
    Those other electric problems take longer to find when they work one day, then stop working the next - steering wheel, stereo.
    But all should be fixable since it's brand new. An item like a Sub should be an easy diagnosis for a dealer.

There are a few guys on the Moomba forum that have these boats (2016 SA), they are not reporting issues like this.

If you are not getting anywhere with the dealer, call SC. I know Rick Tinker is often reading these posts. He will make something happen or give you options.

Keep us updated.
    I have a 2015 SE450 purchased July of 2015. Loved the boat till we went out twice. First started with the speakers not working on after talking to the dealer and some back and forth it was determined the amps were bad and wiring was mislabeled. Amps replaced stereo works great to end 2015. First trip out in 2016 the boat shuts off won't start, track it down to a push fuse under dash that keeps blowing. Get towed in take it to dealer they have trouble determining the issue. After talking to SC determine it is the paddle wheel replace it. We take it back out and the depth gauge doesn't work. Return boat and they determine the paddle wheel is defective replace it. We take it out yesterday and the speed is off and when the zero off is set the rpms are jumping from 3,000 to 3,500 while running at was is supposed to be 17.5 mph. Also when boat is sitting still in neutral the speedometer is bouncing from .5 to 1.1 mph. I thought the zero off was gps based but it must work off the paddle wheel. Does anyone have any information they can share. The dealer has been less than desirable to work with he wanted to sell the boat but doesn't want to correct any issues with it. We are to the point of wanting to get rid of boat and go with a G23 or MC. I really like the boat over the 23 but not with all these issue.
    Any feedback is appreciated