Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

When I told my wife that I did not personally know anyone at the reunion she could not believe we drove down to Chattanooga to meet up with people that I met in a "chat room"
    85 Supra Sunsport project

Quote Originally Posted by Southerngrounds View Post
    When I told my wife that I did not personally know anyone at the reunion she could not believe we drove down to Chattanooga to meet up with people that I met in a "chat room"
    You should have been there the first year then. At least after year one most of us had met before and now we all talk year round.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Southerngrounds View Post
    That is hilarious. I could see my wife shaking her head and saying the same thing. Silly wives...
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Relative to what?
    Really? I'm STILL at reunion. Albeit, everyone else has since gone, I haven't been home for ten days. Thanks for the love and support!

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Really? I'm STILL at reunion. Albeit, everyone else has since gone, I haven't been home for ten days. Thanks for the love and support!
    I just said what Rob was thinking.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default Thanks to everyone that showed up.

I would really like to express my gratitude to those people that made it to the reunion this year and took time out of their busy schedules to be a part of it. I hope all attendees had a good time and will continue to come back and participate. Five years ago when I first attended the reunion, if you would have told me that I would find lifelong friends in the process, I would have committed you to the crazy farm instantly. It was really about seeing other old classic boats and putting a face on an avatar. We joke about meeting on the internet but since then it has been a pleasure meeting so many wonderful families and Supra fanatics. I haven't even brought a boat in the last two years so now I know it is really about seeing old friends anyways and hopefully making a few more. It is our once a year time to just hang out, talk, ski, surf, drink and eat some great Mexican food. (sometimes twice!)
    We have had many people come and go but the core group remains dedicated to making this happen and I can't thank those enough that drive the long distances and want to come see us in Chattanooga.

It was an odd year to say the least and I really appreciate the patience SouthernGrounds had while here on his first visit. Saturday morning didn't go as planned and we had a very late start. The weather apps had a huge storm on the horizon and I thought Saturday would be a rain out for sure. I received two cancellations and thought, "Here we go!" I had to run do a work call first and then later, find some medicine. Gogger was trying to locate a prop in the meantime from our Friday night adventure. MJHKNOX had to go secure the new prop and deliver from Knoxville. Loadup crew was a bit hungover from a 3:00am bedtime. We finally gathered in the PM and six boats made it out. We were treated with the best weather the rest of day and never really got any rain. So, we took full advantage of it and stayed out till sunset and then had another late dinner.

I will post a few pics here tonight and then more tomorrow. (Jetlink, only been several weeks, I'm sure you're shocked as I am!) I have quite a few pics of course and will take some time. I am still trying to get shirts out to everyone that ordered them. You should have gotten an email from me. Thanks again for those that attended. My wife and I had a blast and she really appreciates the help that Loadup, MJHKnox and Gogger gave her as she was able to wake surf for her first time. Hopefully, it won't be her last time and I can persuade her to eventually buy an newer model surf boat.

Default Pics...2016 Southern Supra Reunion

Default More Pics...2016 Southern Supra Reunion