Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weighting a Saltare

I am trying surfing behind my 86 salt. I currently have about 1100 pounds in the back. I can move about 450 of that around the boat. I am using a homemade wake shaper. How does anyone else weight down a salt for surfing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Here is a short clip with all the weight in the back and 3 ppl in the boat.

86 Saltare

I love surfing my salt I set up with an 800lbs and 400lbs sack on the side of the dog house then 300lbs of sand under the rear seats then 2 people in the back and one in the front or another 400lbs sac in the front. I also use a suck gate on the opposite side to clean up the wake. So in total usually run 1500-2000lbs also if u slow down the wave gets steeper and taller or speed up to make it longer. I can post a vid as well.

Default Weighting a Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
    I love surfing my salt I set up with an 800lbs and 400lbs sack on the side of the dog house then 300lbs of sand under the rear seats then 2 people in the back and one in the front or another 400lbs sac in the front. I also use a suck gate on the opposite side to clean up the wake. So in total usually run 1500-2000lbs also if u slow down the wave gets steeper and taller or speed up to make it longer. I can post a vid as well.

Here is a video of a buddy trying to 360 he is goofy so it's on the right side but similar weight set up and both sides surf great with the suck gate. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what the salt can put out for a wave it is usually between knee and waist high.

Last edited by SuperSam; 07-08-2016 at 06:43 PM.

We have one fat sack in the rear locker and another on the floor, about 1000 pounds total. Surfs awesome any where from 7.5-10 MPH. Usually two adults and two groms

Salt Air Surfing.jpg

nice 360 SuperSam. I just started working on those. I weight my sunsport with 700lbs between the rear seats and doghouse, 400lbs in the rear ski locker, and 400lb-500lbs on the front seats, the long way so it goes up into the open bow seats. I use a home made suckgate on the opposite surf side and im getting a very nice, thigh to waist high wave at 10.5mph. thats with myself and 1-2 other people in the boat. All the bags are centered in the boat so it doesn't list to one side.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Why do all my pictures come up sideways?

Here is what I got with an 800 on the back seat, a 540 on the port side and about 300 on the starboard side. I had a 540 full in the front but took some out. My wake plate is about 5/8" up. I've done s stringer job so no additional wet foam ballast. Sucgate b.

86 Saltare

86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I've done s stringer job so no additional wet foam ballast.
    Who knew back in the 80's that Supra was building in an "amazing" ballast system?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski