Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Who knew back in the 80's that Supra was building in an "amazing" ballast system?
    Lol. Right? I spent a bunch of money to take out 1300 lbs of ballast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Jasun that looks like a nice wake man!!! To the rest of you do you still list the boat with suck gate? Or not at all? My suck gate is probably only at about 20degree angle off the back so it's not very pronounced but we still list and then it cleans up the wake a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
    Jasun that looks like a nice wake man!!! To the rest of you do you still list the boat with suck gate? Or not at all? My suck gate is probably only at about 20degree angle off the back so it's not very pronounced but we still list and then it cleans up the wake a ton.

i run my ballast even so the boat does not list. I have a 35 degree angle on my suck gate (still pretty mild compared to others). I found that moving the suckgate vertically up and down the hull has a big effect on size and shape. I also started angling the suckgate so the front is pointed down about an inch and a half. That makes the suckgate more parallel with the wave at wake surfing speed, and help cleans up the wave and keep the swim platform above water. The plate im using on my suckgate looks to be bigger than what most of the guys here are using, so idk if it will have the same effect.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    i run my ballast even so the boat does not list. I have a 35 degree angle on my suck gate (still pretty mild compared to others). I found that moving the suckgate vertically up and down the hull has a big effect on size and shape. I also started angling the suckgate so the front is pointed down about an inch and a half. That makes the suckgate more parallel with the wave at wake surfing speed, and help cleans up the wave and keep the swim platform above water. The plate im using on my suckgate looks to be bigger than what most of the guys here are using, so idk if it will have the same effect.
    Good to know thanks I may have to start playing around with it more... I got kinda stuck in the it ain't broke and it's a nice wake so don't fix it mindset... Sorry about the thread hijack I love seeing all of us with saltares they are pretty beastly throwing a surf wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    Can you send a pic of yours? I'm running mine at 90* off the boat.
    86 Saltare