Default 2004 Supra Launch - Indmar diagnostic tool

Hey Gang,

My boat is having running issues, it's blowing black smoke, loosing power and shutting off.
    Brought it to my local boat dealer and they aren't familiar with the Indmar engine so told me I'm best to g to a GM mechanic to take a look.
    He did however tell me that it's getting way to much fuel and that is part of the issue with how it's running.
    When I called Indmar they said it does have a MEFI4 diagnostic port.
    Is there a tool I can pickup off Ebay that would help diagnose the issue?
    Is this a tool that a GM dealer would have?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

You could get a MEFI-code reader like this one: http://www.michiganmotorz.com/codema...er-p-2459.html
    That would get you the error codes with flashes.

When I was trouble-shooting some problem I just made one of these:
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/do-yourself-boating-budget/103342-make-marine-efi-code-tool-less-than-$1-00-a.html

You need to make sure not to connect the paper-clip to the wrong terminals, but should work just the same as the MEFI-code-reader but almost free. In my case I had a LED lying around so it was free.
    I didn't have any error codes, but I got the flash-code 12 telling you that there are no codes.

Since the code-reader is for MEFI4 not for indmar specifically I would guess a GM-dealer would have one.

Mike

Thanks for the info!
    Does anyone know where I would find the MEFI4 plug on my boat?

Normally on the wire harness in the vicinity of the distributor.

Ok thanks. Mine is fuel injected but I'm guessing its in the engine compartment somewhere then?

Yes...look at the end of the engine that has the distributor. The ECU will be mounted near there, and the connector very near the ECU.

My best guess without codes is the map sensor When they go out they tend to run really rich.
    Function before fashion!

The slots on my MEFI plug aren't labeled (per the directions on the offshoreonly website). Does anyone know which slot is which? I've got a 2003 indmar 320 TBI for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 Supra Launch SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    My best guess without codes is the map sensor When they go out they tend to run really rich.
    Where can I find this sensor and what part number I need?