Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop change

Thanks for taking those pictures - it's a really dramatic difference, right?!

Sometimes when people aren't sure whether it's worth the money or what kind of difference it will make, or why the new prop will be so different in specs than the old one, I want to point them to a pic like this. I can't find one that I took a few years ago.

Cheers, and enjoy.

I keep coming across prop threads... It's really that good huh?

I just came across a youtube vid of ski nautique that had a acme 422. That thing really shot out of the water.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Every boat that I've put a new CNC prop on, the owners have said, "Wow, what a difference. Better hole shot and better throttle response..." I mean, the picture nearly says it all. It's like going from a worn-out all-season tire in wet snow to a nice grippy brand-new snow tire. Sure the all-season will get you around, but it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 92SupraComp View Post
    I keep coming across prop threads... It's really that good huh?

I just came across a youtube vid of ski nautique that had a acme 422. That thing really shot out of the water.
    Acme 422 woke my sunsport right up! Love it compared to the old 3 blade that was on.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden