Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I got it pulled and took it to a performance engine rebuilder on the north side of Columbus. He is going to try and get it tore down fairly quickly to let me know the extent of the damage. Between surfing it and the oil leak I am not expecting good news.

I talked to indmar and they did not update the oil pick up. My rebuilder seems interested in trying to modify the pickup. Once the pan is off we can then figure out the current set up.

Indmar no longer has manifolds for my engine. That isn't the news I wanted to hear. Anyone have a lead on a set of exhaust manifolds for the 8.1?
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Thanks for the link.
    Starting to have depression due to lack of boat. Pretty much takes up most of my life during the summer.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

In my search for manifolds I looked at Barr Marine's website. They had 8.1 Vortecs in stock that had been remanufactured by Indmar. They are the high output engines that were used by Supra in my boat. So I decided that would be much quicker than having my engine rebuilt. And honestly their price was very fair. Probably less than if I had mine rebuilt. So I went and picked my engine up that I had dropped off at the engine shop. I brought it back and started pulling stuff that I needed on the new engine. I found the sensors very confusing as there appeared to be two temp sensors and two different type of oil pressure sending units. Called Indmar for some help on the sensors and it turns out that there are two of each one computer type for the ecm and another old school one for the analog gauges. So that explained a lot.

So if you need manifolds or an entire engine I highly recommend Barr Marine. Their prices are great. And the service great also. I actually drove 6 hours each way to pick up the engine and manifolds. Just so that I could get started on it right away. I will post some pics once I get caught up. Today I almost got it ready to drop in. Just need to finish a few things tomorrow afternoon and then drop it in the boat. Hope to test run it Saturday.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Nice work. You got to a act quickly with a short season.
    1986 Sunsport Skier with Acme 543