Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ski Pylon

I use one. Far cheaper than a nice tower (New Dimension) and gets the job done. Eventually I'll spring for a tower, board racks would be nice as would a bimini. Also my pylon moves around a bit on the factory tapered pylon. Probably should make a tapered spacer or something for it so it's on there solid.

How much overlap on the shaft? This is what I have?
    Doesn't seem like enough? Do I have to re drill???

IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160717/6361ee6c52c713f5aa12f0c12fc67f2f.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why the Supra's ski pylon is tipped back, and not straight up and down like just about every other inboard ski boat ? I'm thinking there is a specific reason, but just can't figure out why... I'd like to put a Fly'n High X-pole on my Supra, but was worried it wouldn't work right seeing how the pylon is on an angle, and also, how does the X-pole fit over the sky pylon with that cross pin ? I'm assuming you have to remove the cross pin to install the X-pole, if that's the case, how do you remove it ? it allmost looks like there may be a set screw on the top, and one facing forward, but I've tried an allen wrench and It doesn't seem to be a set screw, not sure what's going on there. Also, is the X-pole a good choice ? is it good quality ? My boat came with a Bare foot international bare foot ski pole, mounted to the ski pylon, I was very impressed with the build quality of the bare foot pole, that's why I was considering the X-pole pylon extension Please share your thoughts, and thanks for any information.

Ron, I just hammered mine out.
    It's larger on one side than the other, I think.
    I'm going to use a bolt to hold it on when I slide the pole over however, and just keep the cross pun in the glove box.

As for the angle on the pole, I'm going to try it out and see

I have a skylon in the basement that I used on the pirata if anyone needs it let me know.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Hi all. I'm in the market for a pylon extension for my '87 Saltare and am looking for any advice / feedback. I know I'll probably get some "just get a tower" responses but that's not happening.

A few of the pylon extension threads have been quite helpful but some are outdated so I thought I'd reach out for any updated info. A couple questions...

- Ears: On a 2009 thread I read you had to punch out the ears on the pylon (as opposed to cutting them off) before using the extension. Is this still the case in 2016?

- What are the recommended models? Fly High, Skylon Fat pole? Are there any others to consider. Just looking for general likes/dislikes if anyone cares to share.

- Is the leaning factory pole an issue? From what I've read it doesn't seem to be but thought I'd ask again.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by Fuscanini; 11-10-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    '87 Saltare

I punched mine out and drilled a larger hole in the pylon. Then it matched tight up (91 sunsport). Just sold the boat.

Skyon

Before I pull the trigger on a pylon extension, one last question: Am I going to run into any space issues because of the love seat? I have about 1/2 " between the seat and the pylon at the nearest point. Pic below.
    IMG_1990.jpg
    Last edited by Fuscanini; 05-21-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    '87 Saltare