Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windshield Repair

Hey all, I own a 1990 Sunsport. The other day after towing the boat home I noticed the triangular side window on the driver's side was gone. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? I believe the original manufacturer is American Marine, but haven't had any luck going through them. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

http://www.oceandynamics.com/

We had one side for our 92 comp done by them. The glass 1 one piece passenger side glass was $4400 O.o We went with Lexan for that instead..
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

4400.00 ? Ill bet they don't sell many of them.

Cmon... $4400? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could buy a rotted out one to part out for that price...

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    4400.00 ? Ill bet they don't sell many of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarlydude View Post
    Cmon... $4400? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel.j.grossheim View Post
    You could buy a rotted out one to part out for that price...
    It's not the single side piece, it is the huge curved piece of the composite stringer boat. That cannot be easy nor fun to make and I bet they trashed the mold awhile ago.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

And a gun to protect yourself from the next person trying to rob you... Lol

Well that makes a little more sense then...

That's exactly it. The boat mechanic had to take the old cracked windshield off, carefully box it, and ship it via crate. They had never done a 1992 - 1996 Supra Comp with the Large Curved glass. So now they can make passenger side glass for 92 to 96 Comps lol.

For a square piece of glass that ought to be easy. I'm sure you can find an automotive glass guy who could do it.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

I've worked with Ocean Dynamics before, they are one of a few go-to places for large windshield sections. I am amazed that they were able to make one for you, actually. Many times it's basically not possible due to the complexity of the shape, but maybe they have some new machinery/technology that can do it. And $4,400 seems about right. Usually people get their insurance involved for these things. It was always good for a "are you sitting down?" kind of conversation when someone had a broken windshield.

But yeah as others have said, the side window is just a small flat piece and any local glass place should be able to help you out. I also glued my side windows shut after nearly losing one on the highway. It flipped out, broke off and flew back into the boat, landing safely (miraculously) in the back seat.