Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

engine oil. No issues with transmission fluid at all. Oil leaking from back of block where shaft meets the trans.
    1984 Supra Rider

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    engine oil. No issues with transmission fluid at all. Oil leaking from back of block where shaft meets the trans.
    if it aint broke dont fix it , but if you just wanna freshen up the trans the velvet drive is very simple to rebuild or just change out the friction disc the kit does not come with reverse springs and you will need those if you decide to rebuild it .. service manual is online somewhere and i just followed the instructions .. rear main seal is the right term for engine and its really simple , just pop old one out with a screw or pick and clean and reinstall new .. run emory cloth around rear of crank where the lip of seal rides to smooth any high ridges .. cheers
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Thanks again Lively. I haven't had any issues with the trans but noticed last year the prop started to spin some when in neutral so I am thinking it is probably time for a rebuild. We have been weighting for surfing and wakeboarding and am sure that this is putting more strain on the transmission and it is starting to wear. Probably makes sense to do it now. DOes the kit include the the clutch pack? Would skidim carry the reverse springs? Anything else I would need parts wise to rebuild it? Also, do I need any special tools to rebuild it?

thanks
    Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

This thread gives a good general idea of what you would be getting into on the rebuild.
    https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=53874

Lively also did a rebuild thread here but I believe the pictures may have died.
    Last edited by Cooose; 03-04-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Thanks again Lively. I haven't had any issues with the trans but noticed last year the prop started to spin some when in neutral so I am thinking it is probably time for a rebuild. We have been weighting for surfing and wakeboarding and am sure that this is putting more strain on the transmission and it is starting to wear. Probably makes sense to do it now. DOes the kit include the the clutch pack? Would skidim carry the reverse springs? Anything else I would need parts wise to rebuild it? Also, do I need any special tools to rebuild it?

thanks
    Dan
    No special tools , google 71c reverse spring for velvet drive , the prop is normal to spin in neutral , check selector where the cable mounts , it's probably tweaked and hanging pressure to slightly move prop . But either way it's normal .
    I'll check my photobucket and look for pics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://sbo.sailboatowners.com/downl...n_61323794.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk