Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was worried about turning to many rpms unloaded but I still normally cruise around 20 or so just riding. Will that prop help with the surf wave too?

it won't make the surf wave any better, but it will definitely get to and hold surf speeds better when loaded up with ballast.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

If your boat isnt struggling with the weight its not a priority to change it. A prop wont have any effect...

Fwiw i surfed behind my old supra comp and my current brendella dd with a 4 blade 13x13

Get your weight dialed in first and your wave good. Adjust if needed...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i just saw you have the 454 motor--i have a 351 so it's not apples to apples. i would talk with the guys at nettles before ordering, they may have a better recommendation. i would go with the lowest pitch they recommend if you aren't worried about top speed.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

I talked to the guy at Nettles and he said the 912 should be perfect! Now for the wait of it coming in should be here by next Friday just in time to try it out for the weekend!

awesome, let us know how it works for you.

I'm running a 1229 on my 454 Saltare and LOVE it! It's 13x11" 0.080" cup 3 blade. Your 912 is a lottle lower pitch than that, and the rider is probably a comparable hull - a little shorter than my Saltare, but i feel like it may be a little deeper too. Probably displaces a similar amount of water.

WOT Unloaded: 4600RPM at 41.0MPH. It sped up and only turns 100 more R's than my old 209. I don't quite understand it, but it's true! The boat is "throw you out of the observer's seat" fast out of the hole now. 4600 rpm is a lot of my 1300 (and aging) big block, but she still feels healthy!

Surfed great with 1900lbs + 4 dudes all day. Decided to throw the long rope in with surf weight at the end of the day, and had NO PROBLEM getting on plane with 1900lbs of ballast and 4 dudes. I was blown away!

I don't love turning this old engine more RPMs all the time, but it sure does feel good...
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

I bought the 912 and after the boat was going in reverse when in forward I figured out I needed the 913 so it will hopefully be here by this weekend.

damn, nettles should have confirmed that with you before ordering. there's a stamp on the motor that shows what rotation it is.

also, there's a correct way to install a new prop, so when you get the 913 in take a look at this: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=29565