Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Weighting down my 1983 Supra Rider

I have a 83 Rider with a 454 im trying to turn into a Wakeboard/Wakesurf boat. What prop and how much weight do i need to put in it and where to be able to surf without the rope and have a decent wake?

Pm me. I know a guy with the exact same boat. I just talked with him yesterday. He lives in NC and is super smart on Supras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iirc your Rider has a very similar, if not identical hull shape as the early Sunsports. Try searching for sunsport set ups and try some of those suggestions. People here, my self included, have had really good results using a home made wake shaper. Check out the Ghetto gate thread in this subforum :https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ass-production.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

I started my ghetto gate last night and I hope to finish it up this afternoon.

I think you'll be happy with the results. Post your design and results in the ghettogate thread when your done. I really like the different designs that people have come up with
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

image.jpg Here's a pic of my ghetto gate I finished up last night. Gonna try it on the boat this weekend to see how it does.

Can you post a few different angles of it, 83rider?

Did you use the same materials list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get his contact info? I am looking at buying an '83 Rider off Craigslist and would really like to ask him a few questions.

I am still trying to dial in my wakesurf wake. I have 2 750# Ronix sacks I put on each side of the dog house and try to use people as well as the ghetto gate. I can go ropeless but I am directly behind the swim platform. Do I need to add more weight to the bow? Any suggestions are appreciated!

More weight in the nose or increase your speed. Whats your speed?

Note that more speed or more nose weight will take out push and steepness of the wave, so i wouldnt take away people or what you have in the back.

Try 300 or so up front..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk