Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Leak

Never mind... I'm dumb. Boat is too new. I didn't read back far enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlydude View Post
    Never mind... I'm dumb. Boat is too new. I didn't read back far enough.
    Lol, I've read a number of smart and helpful comments from you, so I was fairly certain you didn't see the 2011 year!
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Talked with my local dealer today. The plan is to pull the floor again and inspect the tank to make sure it has not shifted. They will also take a look at the fuel pump to see if the right one is in there. That will all take place next week. Not sure yet if Skiers Choice is going to be of any assistance with this issue. Boat is now 5 years old. It's hard to imagine that someone would have replaced the pump or put the wrong one in, but I don't know the full history.
    Last edited by 4alkings; 08-03-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Just got the boat back today from my local dealer. They pulled the floor again and the techs seem to think the tank has bowed up causing the sending unit to stick up further than it should. Their solution was to wedge a couple 2x4's under the floor to push down on the tank. By the time I trailered the boat home the 2x4's had already come loose and were moving freely under the floor - hardly a reasonable solution or repair. I made a modification of my own to at least take some pressure of the sending unit by cutting away a little of the aluminum on the access panel support to give some clearance. We'll see how this goes for now. Tech said he is talking with Skiers Choice to see what kind of solution they can come up with. Pretty sure I'm not going to layout the cash to install a new fuel tank as that seems quite excessive and there really doesn't appear to be a bowed up deformity of the tank.

Before picSupra Sending Unit Before.jpg

After picSupra Sending Unit.jpg
    Last edited by 4alkings; 08-03-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

That's nuts. Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to check mine periodically...
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

That's the best they can do? That's unacceptable!

Any news from Skier's Choice?

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlydude View Post
    That's the best they can do? That's unacceptable!

Any news from Skier's Choice?

Got a call from my local dealer last evening wanting to know if I could pull up the floor and take pics of the tank for them to forward on to Skiers Choice. Guess I will do that as I can pull the floor up easier than running the boat all the way back to the dealer again. We'll see what they say once I send the pics. I'm a bit frustrated that I seem to be the one doing all the leg work on this. I'll update once I know more.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Wow! Not my kind of dealer...

I would verify the tank vent is functioning properly. Gasoline has the ability to generate 10psi @ 100f. Obviously the gas didn't get to 100 but it does generate pressure. If the vent isn't functioning properly the tank would bow. The top bowing could only be from internal pressure not from the weight of the gas. If it's working properly then it's a wrong pump or defect tank from the factory and it finally broke.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    I would verify the tank vent is functioning properly. Gasoline has the ability to generate 10psi @ 100f. Obviously the gas didn't get to 100 but it does generate pressure. If the vent isn't functioning properly the tank would bow. The top bowing could only be from internal pressure not from the weight of the gas. If it's working properly then it's a wrong pump or defect tank from the factory and it finally broke.
    At the dealer currently and the factory has requested that they check for that exact thing. I will update when I know more.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242