Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should do the trick. Thats def a lot of weight up front for that little in the back

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmysupra View Post
    I run 2-750 in rear lockers 1200 in front locker ( helm forward) and acme 1433 prop with perfect pass and my wake punts you to the sky 23.5mph - buddy likes 22mph and wake plate 25% or less no bounce and pro size wake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 99bison View Post
    Exactly our experience.
    How can you get 1200 lbs in the front locker? With my center bag filled I'm lucky to get an extra 100 lbs under the seats. Or do you place fat sacs on the seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2002 SSV and have upgraded the rear locker ballast to 565lb bags each and build a ghetto gate for both sides depending on which side I am surfing. Center ballast is stock. It puts up a pretty decent wake. It's amazing how much difference that gate makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O4dqGyt2Cg

Hi,
    I also have a Supra Launch SSV from 2001.
    Your wake does look small in that picture, even though it is kind of hard to tell.

I have also upgraded the rear sacs to 750 lbs and have the GG (1080 lbs?) sac in the bow/center-locker / under the walkway from the bow, as well as a sac in the port locker but that is only used to balance the boat and get a clean wake when we don't have a spotter in the boat.
    When all the sacs are full I get a clean nice wake at 23 mph, I would say it is clean from 22 mph and it is certainly big enough for me to not blame the wake for my short comings in wakeboarding. =)
    The bow/center sac makes a lot of difference on the size of the wake but getting the rear sacs full are more important.

We keep the fill-pumps running in back to make sure the sacs don't self-drain through the empty-pump and lines.

I would try to slow down to 23 mph, though I wouldn't trust the speedos in the boat as they seem to never show reality.
    Play around with the trim tab (wake plate), though we usually keep it all the way up or maybe 25% down if it isn't too choppy and we want to keep the bow from bouncing.
    I would try the stock 600 in the locker and maybe put the 400 in the walkway.
    That would get you close to what I have in the boat.

You could always put the 400 in the bow and the 800 in the back seat if you don't bring a lot of people in the boat when wakeboarding.
    That should get you an insane wake which would not suit me very well, but might be what you are looking for.

Also, while I have not ridden behind a lot of wakeboard boats, I think the wake from the supra launch is quite wide. That is also what I have found when reading online.
    For me the sweet spot of the wake is 65 feet or maybe 67.5 feet out, but longer than that and I think the wake is just too wide. Riding a longer rope might get you to speed up more to clean the wake further back and get it a bit more narrow.
    That will also give you a smaller wake.

Good luck and congratulations on the boat!

Mike

My 2000 Santera had to be very similar. I'd run 500-600 in my rear lockers and front IBS full. Then with some plate to plunge the bow and displace some water since that's the largest part of the hull it was amazing at 20 all the way to 24mph. I never cared much for the surf wave but it was excellent for wakeboarding. My neighbor who can do just about any trick from either side of the wake absolutely loved it too. He rides behind everyone's boat since people love to watch him ride. He was devastated when I sold it.
    I had over 4400lbs. of ballast plumbed in that boat but that was the sweet spot for boarding. 1433 prop btw.

In my SSV if I fill the factory rear bags and have nothing in the center bag I get a decent size and clean wake in the 20-22mph range with plate up all the way. It does wash out very easily though if the boat is not balanced. I am surprised how sensitive these are to weight. But for sure as I put more weight in the front the wake washes out and gets smaller as it levels the boat out more. That being said if I have 6 people in the back and full rear ballast I am betting adding weight to the front would help then. So it becomes a balancing act of ratio as someone else stated.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV - Indmar 8100/496HO
    - 1235 Prop
    - 1180 center bag and 950 rears
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo
    - RGB cup holders and drain light

Tow Mule - 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0

Almost ironically, I have had a similar experience to the OP since I last posted..

We went out wakeboarding on wednesday after my last post and we had an issue with one of my pumps that I use to fill the rear sacs with.
    The pump had gotten lots of sea-weed stuck around the little propeller in the pump and was working terribly slow. In one hour time we might have gotten 100-200 lbs in the rear sacs.
    This made me wakeboard with little ballast in back and full (unkown since the 1100 lb sac up front won't fit, but probably close to 1000 lbs) ballast up front.
    The wake was truly terrible and I had the driver empty the front sac for my last couple of runs.

My experience is that with too much ballast up front compared to in the back the wake will probably be worse than with no ballast at all.
    In previous years I had the stock hippo-system to fill the front bag and a new 1100 gph rule to fill the rear sacs and since the hippo system tends to malfunction or work incredibly slow I often had the situation where I was wakeboarding with two full 750 lb bags in the back, but only about 300 lb up front. This does create a nice wake and this is what I probably have been boarding with the most.

Now that I have fixed the fill-times of the front sac by putting in a second vented loop and removing the diaphragm in the valve to the front sac I usually get both the 750 lb'ers in back and the front 1100 lb'er as full as they can get in their somewhat limited space and the wake is definitely bigger than with back full and front only 30%. The difference is dramatic.
    The wake is just as good when it comes to shape, but just larger.

Mike

wow, that's really interesting