Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2001 Supra Launch SSV needs a bigger wake!

So I just purchased a 2001 Launch SSV. Great boat for surfing and skiing, but throws a pretty weak wake for wakeboarding. I took out the stock ballast in the rear lockers and put in 750LBS fat sacs, and added an extra 800LBS in the nose to keep it from bouncing. The wave for surfing is huge, so you would think the wake for wakeboarding would be as well, but its pretty small. I have the wake plate all the way up, and go around 25MPH to keep the wake from getting any white wash. I've been behind stern drives with bigger wakes, so I'm hoping im just doing something wrong with my set up.

Here is a pic of the wake...

WAKE.jpg

Start by taking some weight out of the nose. My brendella has a horrible wash if i load up weight past the motor (dd)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ah, I'd say slow way down... Faster == smaller wake. With that much weight or more you should be clean at 22. Adjust the plate and see, rarely for us was all the way up or down the right spot for wakeboarding.

Thanks I'll try that. I just assumed that the wake plate should be all the way up for the biggest wake. It's hard to keep at a consistent speed when it's weighted down though. No perfect pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a 2002 sunsport v same boat I run 2-750 in back and 1200 in front locker wake plate at 25% 23.5 mph and wake is insane????

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmysupra View Post
    Have a 2002 sunsport v same boat I run 2-750 in back and 1200 in front locker wake plate at 25% 23.5 mph and wake is insane????

I run 1400 upfront. Is having too much weight upfront possibly affecting things as well? How should the weight be distributed?

You can never have to much weight if your boat can handle it

I run 2-750 in rear lockers 1200 in front locker ( helm forward) and acme 1433 prop with perfect pass and my wake punts you to the sky 23.5mph - buddy likes 22mph and wake plate 25% or less no bounce and pro size wake

Quote Originally Posted by 99bison View Post
    Ah, I'd say slow way down... Faster == smaller wake. With that much weight or more you should be clean at 22. Adjust the plate and see, rarely for us was all the way up or down the right spot for wakeboarding.
    Usually if theres too much weight up front in relation to the rear, the wave curls over. The slower you go, the worse it gets. But if you go faster, it goes away...
    Quote Originally Posted by klishchynsky View Post
    I run 1400 upfront. Is having too much weight upfront possibly affecting things as well? How should the weight be distributed?

Yep, usually its 60 in the rear, 40 up front, but with a dd, Imho it should be much more in the rear since the motor already adds a lot of weight up front.

Every boat is different, but if its curling and washing out the top, its too much weight in the wrong spot, usually up front...

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    Usually if theres too much weight up front in relation to the rear, the wave curls over. The slower you go, the worse it gets. But if you go faster, it goes away...

Yep, usually its 60 in the rear, 40 up front, but with a dd, Imho it should be much more in the rear since the motor already adds a lot of weight up front.

Every boat is different, but if its curling and washing out the top, its too much weight in the wrong spot, usually up front...

Well I have the 2 750's in the back lockers, the stock 600 in the center, then put 800 in the bow. I'll try with just 400 in the bow and see if that helps as well.