Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Not bad old man!
    Dont make me come up there with my cane.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulphie View Post
    Nice! My buddy I ski with gets down to 28 off at 31 mph but still can't get through the course 15 off at 32mph haha. It is crazy how much harder it seems picking up the speed just 1 mph.

Me skiing the course 15 off at 28 mph, you can skip the first 3 mins to get to the skiing. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv6cruZXlkA
    Great job! Keep it up. We need more people doing something that takes some skill instead of creating a giant wake and destroying the water. LOL
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Hopefully I'm not coming off as a know it all, but I'm so jazzed about my journey to 34mph that I just have to share my experience so far. I'm 53 and I've been skiing the course a lot since spring of 2014 when I made the switch from RFF to LFF

I'm just progressing to 34mph now. (Current PB 3@ 34mph) Speed is definitely scary when you get to 32 mph and 34 is even more so. What I will say is that form is everything. I can run 32 mph about 50% of the time with bad form. I've decided to work on my form more, so now I always run a minimum of 2 passes at 30 mph where I concentrate on finishing the turn and getting the handle to my trailing hip as I finish the turn with my head up and looking across the course. These two things are beginning to transform my skiing and I accept the failures I'm having running the course in order to get this right. I highly recommend this video of Chet Raley talking form; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYIDumS2kA. As soon as I put his advice into practice I was crashing all over the place at 30mph! It was humbling, but what I had to get used to was that when you finish the turn and make sure you've got the handle at the hip, you accelerate so much quicker, it kind of freaks you out. The thing is, now when I run 32mph I usually get to 4 before my form degrades where before I was scrapping through the whole pass at the higher speeds.

As for your Senate at slower speeds, it shouldn't be an issue. I had a Senate and it was a great ski, but it was stolen. Now I'm on a 67" D3 Quest which is a full on course ski, and I have no issues skiing it at 28 mph in the course. It's hard to tell from your POV video, but it looks to me like you're flattening out through the wakes all the way to the ball and that could explain the sinking feeling on the Senate. This also causes a problem at higher speeds because you get pulled forward when you hit the wakes. I know, 'cause I've been fighting this since early July when I had yet to run a pass at 32 mph. I can tell you from experience, that when you're in a solid position exiting your turn and you hold it to the 2nd wake, you don't feel like you're going all that fast, even at 34mph. But when you're flat through the wakes at any speed over 30, you feel like you're going really fast. The other thing that takes a bit of getting used to at higher speeds, is that you have to pull really hard. That's what I'm getting used to now. I can put a relatively easy effort in at 30 mph and be early for 6, but I have to pull like a demon to run 32mph.
    Last edited by chris young; 08-09-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Thats good advice on keeping stacked from Chet. I will put that into practice. You think H2O pro shop could have splurged for a video camera. I could barely hear that cell phone video.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Video is bad, info is good. Just to brag a bit, I ran 34MPH yesterday and shortened to 22 off for the first time ever. I only got 1 1/4 bouys at 22 but it was a big milestone.