Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Radar Senate

Got a new ski today, 2016 Senate graphite with the hrt. I am not sold on the hrt but I thought I would give it a try and if I don't care for it one of my friends will want it for sure.

Stepped up from the Theory looking to progress to skiing the course at 34mph. I don't know if I will achieve that goal this year but it sure is fun trying to get better.

GOPR0004[1].jpg

Nice! Let us know what you think of the HRT rear plate.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    Nice! Let us know what you think of the HRT rear plate.
    First off, I am a novice slalom skier. I never rode a ski until the end of 2014 and I was to lazy to fill fat sacs so I tried my friends slalom ski.

I was hooked on the speed and the fact that I sucked so bad at it I could do nothing but get better!

My first set today with the HRT was a sh!t show! I never realized how much I move my rear heel to a duck foot kind of stance until I was locked in and couldn't do it.

Second set I ran a regular toe plate and skied the course at 15 off but the ski died and sank at every ball. this ski wants to go much faster than my theory and honestly I am not sure if I am ready to ski that fast. Everything works better at 32mph but me hahaha, ski works great, boat works great but sh!t happens just to fast for me and I end up late and to far down course.

At this point I think I might continue to use the theory but try to ski faster with it then try to transition to the senate.

Right now when I get the Senate to turn properly it edges so hard I cant keep my form and I break at the waist.

If nothing else learning a new sport at 47 sure is fun and challenging!

How much do you weigh and how long is the senate. I'm 165 lbs on a 67 senate. I learned the course on that ski 15 off 28 mph no problems with sinking. If your sinking on turns could be your pulling to long past the second wake which creates slack when you go to turn. Ski goes flat instead of quick turn and you sink. You should be pulling soon as you round the ball and you should quit pulling and start changing edge at second wake.

I got a 67, same as my theory. I am 180 with vest.

At 28 and 29mph I am early and coasting to the ball and the ski sinks a bit and takes a lot of effort to get going. The theory doesn't get bogged down like that, it just plain works better going those speeds.

Over 30mph the Senate stays higher in the water and doesn't get bogged down but that is when I start to edge to long and go blowing past the ball at what seems like 90mph hahaha. My form just kinda goes to crap because even though it is only 2mph faster everything just seems to happen sooo much faster. I can't even imagine 34 and 36 mph.

I should also say that my friends 2014 Senate seems closer in performance to my Theory than my 2016 Senate. the 2016 Senate has much more defined rails than the 2014.

I either have to ride the Senate at 30mph and accept that I will not get six every time right away and learn to ski that speed or keep riding the Theory at 28/ 29 and really focus on my form so when I do switch to the Senate at 30+ I don't get sloppy.

Fun learning and boy am I sore today. I hope the body is ready for Funday Sunday!

Your best bet is stay at the slower speed and work on your form like you said. Then move up. Im 56 and this is my 3rd summer skiing the course. Those little red balls sure are addicting.

You can also try playing with the fins and boot placement. That might help with the way it rides. Just keep track of the settings you try. Small changes make big differences.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Im still working on getting to 34 mph on my senate. Heres 30 mph 22 off yesterday morning.

Not bad old man!
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Nice! My buddy I ski with gets down to 28 off at 31 mph but still can't get through the course 15 off at 32mph haha. It is crazy how much harder it seems picking up the speed just 1 mph.

Me skiing the course 15 off at 28 mph, you can skip the first 3 mins to get to the skiing. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv6cruZXlkA