Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2010 Sunsport 22V - Should I Buy?

Hey folks, brand new to the forum. I have been in the market for a shiny new toy for about a year and think today I found the ride but wanted to get the opinion from those who know. I have found a 2010 22v with the upgraded tower, cockpit heater, tower speakers and sub with 120 hours on the 340 indmar motor. Dealer wants 45k with no trailer. From everything I can find this seems to be A STEAL. Gel-coat is in great shape, vinyl looks practically brand new and she runs great. I think one of the ballast pumps is bad so that will have to be replaced but other than that I am seeing no real issues. My plan is to get some sacks from wake makers to load up the weight a bit and turn her into a surf machine (haven't decided on wave control vs. one of the suck-gate options.) So should I pull the trigger?

Thanks for your feedback guys, looking forward to becoming a card carrying member of the supra community.

Be sure to test drive it first, otherwise the deal seems legit as long as you don't need a trailer. Post some pics!
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by SupraCLT View Post
    Hey folks, brand new to the forum. I have been in the market for a shiny new toy for about a year and think today I found the ride but wanted to get the opinion from those who know. I have found a 2010 22v with the upgraded tower, cockpit heater, tower speakers and sub with 120 hours on the 340 indmar motor. Dealer wants 45k with no trailer. From everything I can find this seems to be A STEAL. Gel-coat is in great shape, vinyl looks practically brand new and she runs great. I think one of the ballast pumps is bad so that will have to be replaced but other than that I am seeing no real issues. My plan is to get some sacks from wake makers to load up the weight a bit and turn her into a surf machine (haven't decided on wave control vs. one of the suck-gate options.) So should I pull the trigger?

Thanks for your feedback guys, looking forward to becoming a card carrying member of the supra community.
    I have a 2011 Launch 22V I bought last summer, and I love it. We surf, board, tube, and ski behind it, and we love the layout and the roomy interior.
    Mark
    2011 Launch 22V

Quote Originally Posted by blackout_58 View Post
    Be sure to test drive it first, otherwise the deal seems legit as long as you don't need a trailer. Post some pics!
    Never heard of anyone purchasing a used boat w/o a test drive or compression check.
    Super low engine hours, so it should be AOK. Compression check would not hurt.
    That is a good hull. Many posts on the 22V. Many surfs great for the 2007.
    Ballast pumps are cheap in the overall scheme.
    You can always add-on a trailer if you need one.
    The dealer would probably deliver an untrailered boat it to a marina or lift at a house.
    Price is fine.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 07-25-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Never heard of anyone purchasing a used boat w/o a test drive or compression check.
    Super low engine hours, so it should be AOK. Compression check would not hurt.
    That is a good hull. Many posts on the 22V. Many surfs great for the 2007.
    Ballast pumps are cheap in the overall scheme.
    You can always add-on a trailer if you need one.
    The dealer would probably deliver an untrailered boat it to a marina or lift at a house.
    Price is fine.
    I've test driven, it seems to be running really smoothly, we're working on finding a mechanic to give the thing a once-over.
    I don't need a trailer, boat is currently on the same lake where it will be living so thats actually a perk
    Thanks so much for the feedback!

It's been purchased and is currently getting upgraded sacks (1100s in the rear lockers) and a couple repairs (remanned prop and impellers replaced.) Mission delta has been ordered and I'll get some pictures up once she's on the water, maybe next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Sunsport 22v

Quote Originally Posted by SupraCLT View Post
    It's been purchased and is currently getting upgraded sacks (1100s in the rear lockers) and a couple repairs (remanned prop and impellers replaced.) Mission delta has been ordered and I'll get some pictures up once she's on the water, maybe next week

Congratulations, and welcome to the family. Sounds like you're well on your way to making it a surfing machine. I'd love to hear your impression of the mission delta once you get a chance to try it out.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    Congratulations, and welcome to the family. Sounds like you're well on your way to making it a surfing machine. I'd love to hear your impression of the mission delta once you get a chance to try it out.
    Will do, I hope to launch her Friday night and all things going well will post photos of the wave.

2010 Sunsport 22v

Default On the water at last

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    Got her out on the water and started playing with various arrangements for the sacks and Delta. Got a pretty good regular wave the first night but then really got her dialed in on the goofy side Sunday AM. This is with 1100s in the rear lockers and the 400 up front 50% full. Still have a ton of work to do to get dialed in however my initial impression of the delta is its a LEGIT surf tool. Going to try listing a little bit to surf-side next to see if we can get some more push.

IMG_1387.jpgIMG_1388.jpgIMG_1417.jpgIMG_1012.jpg

I think push is the hardest thing to dial in. Producing a large wave is fairly easy. Lengthening it and getting the needed push is where the real work begins.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242