Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turned key and nothing happened, only once though

2004 supra launch ssv. Out for a few hours start and stop no problem. All gauges good. Turned the key,. Nothing happened. Sat for 5 minutes and fired right up. Had no problems the rest of the day. Any ideas?

Boat was not in neutral, sometimes need to just wiggle throttle a bit to ensure it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same boat and have had this happen to me a few times the beginning of the year.
    After a while of it happening, I can now hear the click of the solenoid.
    I did clean the battery cables as they were pretty corroded in the battery box.
    Since, not an issue.

Agree w/torch's assessment as well, had that happen in a river lock last summer. Not sure if I didn't take it out of gear or if son engaged it. Spent 1/2 hr trying to figure it out, tapping on the starter, went to helm and moved the lever to try to wiggle into neutral and sure enough it clicked. Started right up.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

I have a 2001 launch. It does this all the time. I think there's a problem with the relay in the ignition system. Haven't traced the source of the problem yet

Thanks for your help everyone!

Another vote for neutral. If theres any play in the cables, you could he in neutral at the lever, but the trans wherw the switch is may not be...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    Since, not an issue.

Agree w/torch's assessment as well, had that happen in a river lock last summer. Not sure if I didn't take it out of gear or if son engaged it. Spent 1/2 hr trying to figure it out, tapping on the starter, went to helm and moved the lever to try to wiggle into neutral and sure enough it clicked. Started right up.
    Where exactly is the lever you had to wiggle to get it to start. Is the issue in the throttle itself, or at the helm?

Throttle. When mine does it, ill usually pop it into reverse, then back to neutral and it will kick right over.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still having big issues with mine. I'm thinking it may be the ignition switch that's worn out and needs to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    Since, not an issue.

Mine has about an inch of play while its in neutral at the helm. Is there anyway to tighten it up? It currently takes upwards of 20 try's to get it to start up. Otherwise nothing, except the single click of what I'm assuming is the solenoid.