Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can't do that with a standard volt meter. If you have a timing light you can clamp it on each wire and just watch the pulses. Alternatively you can pull the wires off the plugs one at a time to see if it changes but you might get whacked. It won't kill you, but you won't like it If you have some heavy rubber gloves, you should be ok though. Alternatively, you can pull a wire, start the boat and see how it idles, then put it back on and repeat. This you could do from the distributor cap end. In either case you could do it at the cap end, but I don't like pulling off the cap while it's running because you've got all those moving belts so close to the cap and if you do jump, you could end up with your hand in the alternator belt.

Sounds good I will give it a try. The challenge is that at this point it does it so randomly it might be hard to consistently find. Thanks again!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Spot on , I use to pull wires as well , all we are looking for is a change in state of the engine , find in that doesn't change the idle and you will be close . Also is this a throttle body engine or direct Port injection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Port injection I think. I changed the plugs, put some fuel stabilizer/water remover in, and pulled the cap and rotor and cleaned it up a bit. Very small amount of corrosion on the electrode posts, but nothing I would think could cause a miss. Anyway, seemed to clear up the problem...so I guess I can't complain! Thanks again!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V