Default Custom swim deck

Looking at making a custom swim deck for surfing.
    Anyone else done this?
    What thickness did you use? Was it thick enough that it didn't bow?
    I'm looking at using marine board which is a plastic.
    Also interested in dimensions and how those are working.
    Will put up a post on my build when I start hopefully next week.
    Thanks!

I made one. Turned out great. I took 2 pcs of 3/4 sandy ply from Home Depot, glued and screwed them together. Then cut it down to 66" by 32". Used fiberglass resin only no matting and did 1 thick coat. Then applied two layers of Hercules truck bedliner. Took off the old fiberglass one drilled pilot holes in the new platform and filled them with 3m marine sealant. Used the existing brackets to hold the platform in place. It has held up great for the past 2 months. Total cost was around $150. I bought the Gray mat on amazon for $75. Total man hours around 4 hours. I can build 5 of these before i reach the cost of the Surf platforms made by Supra.platform.jpg

I did some work on my deck today. Used the same dimensions that Trayson used.
    This was my current deck which would dig into my surf wave really bad
    20160729_200009.jpg
    Here are my brackets with the deck off
    20160729_200059.jpg
    Cut my boat to 60x24, I then traced the old deck so it would fit nicely on the back of the boat
    20160729_202022.jpg
    Here it is on after I traced it out and cut with my Jiggy
    20160729_204049.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used the same dimensions as Trayson did since they seemed to work for him.
    2016-07-29_22-15-35.jpg
    I then cut some strips to so that I could then use my stock screws. I screwed into the strips from the top of the deck then but the screws in the bottom. Note to self don't use a impact on those screws as they are VERY soft.
    20160729_205227.jpg
    Here is the final test product
    20160729_205703.jpg

Will be testing out Sunday morning and give an update.
    Also note that I used 1/2 sanded plywood that I had kicking around, I'm not sealing it because if they works I will get a 3/4 or 1 inch piece on the CNC machine next week.
    Standing on the 1/2 inch I think that 3/4 will be enough especially since I have 3 brackets that are pretty close together.
    I'm also going to round the corners and not have them chopped off but for this test it was just easier to chop them.
    For my boat I will be going WHITE marine board with Yellow Hydro-Turf.
    Actually works perfect as the Hydro-Turf comes in 40 x 62, I will do my deck at 60 to make sure I have enough.

Here is the setup! Can't wait to see how the deck does tomorrow!
    20160730_202156.jpg

Custom Deck worked GREAT!!!
    I hope to get it done in Marine Board this week.
    https://youtu.be/GK8rFJ8TgFI
    Got a new board also so rode it for the first time! Inland Surfer Sweet Spot, loved it so far!
    20160801_113030.jpg

great job. yeah, definitely round the corners. here's the one I did on my Moomba XLV:

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.