Default Filling + emptying bags

I have a 2006 Supra 24SSV launch and I am having trouble filling and emptying the bags, I know there is a lot more than just pushing a switch. I have gotten to the point to fill go above twenty to prime the pump then turn on switch and at the same time turn the sprinkler valves on. Once full turn off the sprinkler valves. I notice that the wave is a lot better when all tank's are full. To empty pretty much do everything in reverse, I just looked at my tank's and they are filling up. I think that I should turn off the water inlet valve so this won't happen.
    I know that Wave makers has an upgrade for this system, I can't swing the cost right now so I am dealing with what I have for now. The best part is NO SHARK's and a constant wave.

Michael

In that year, are you sure you do not have 2 pumps for each bag? Usually there is a "main pump" that runs off the sprinkler valves to FILL all bags.

You may need new sprinkler valves. Before I replaced the pumps in my 2007, I did not have to turn on/off the sprinkler valves. I would turn the switch on, then to prime, I recall having the boat in forward, but did not have to go 20mph to start the priming of the pumps.

There should be a scupper-cup on the bottom of your boat to force the water into the main pump.

There are usually other smaller pumpa (on each bag) to drain the water out of the bag through the side of the boat.
    Are those working - can you hear them turn on?

Rule 1.jpg

Rule 2.jpg

I have a 2004 SSV and I have never had to touch the valves unless turning them off when removing bags. I literally flip the switch to fill or drain and go about my business.

I have a 2006 24ssv. I have one fill pump and three drain pumps. It definitely fills a lot faster moving. But it doesn't really fill any faster if I am going very fast. I had to replace the sprinkler valves right after I bought the boat. It will fill when I didn't want it to. I did put an on off valve in the line to the center bag just before replaces the valves so I could make sure it didn't fill when I didn't want it to. The drain pump went out on the center bag right after I bought it so I had to load it once full and that wasn't much fun.

I have also replaced all three drain pumps. The rear ones are in the engine compartment right above the exhaust flanges that exit the hull. The front one is in the compartment where the bag is. The rear ones aren't easy, but nothing about this boat has been easy so far. lol

Mark has the upgraded system and it is sweet. I might do it at some point. But right now I am broke. The new 8.1 has set me back a bit.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    I have a 2006 24ssv. I have one fill pump and three drain pumps. It definitely fills a lot faster moving. But it doesn't really fill any faster if I am going very fast. I had to replace the sprinkler valves right after I bought the boat. It will fill when I didn't want it to. I did put an on off valve in the line to the center bag just before replaces the valves so I could make sure it didn't fill when I didn't want it to. The drain pump went out on the center bag right after I bought it so I had to load it once full and that wasn't much fun.

I have also replaced all three drain pumps. The rear ones are in the engine compartment right above the exhaust flanges that exit the hull. The front one is in the compartment where the bag is. The rear ones aren't easy, but nothing about this boat has been easy so far. lol

Mark has the upgraded system and it is sweet. I might do it at some point. But right now I am broke. The new 8.1 has set me back a bit.
    Get 12volt ball valves for manifold cut my fill time from 50 minutes down to 20 for 2700lbs get ride of sprinkler valves. If you can't find them look me up my buddy and I got them from a company in China $135 best money spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk