Default Throttle Cable FYI 92 Supra Mariah

After finally installing the new cutlass bearings and re-packing the stuffing box on my 92 Supra Mariah, I set out on the maiden test run. I didn't make it far though, literally 5 feet from the dock, when I snapped my throttle cable. After wresting the throttle control out of it's home (not fun), I discovered that the 10/32 threaded portion that is crimped onto the throttle cable had snapped. It failed at the crimp. After further inspection, I also noticed that the brass fitting the attaches the throttle cable to the control arm was badly warn. Not sure if this topic has been covered but it is a good thing to know and watch out for. If my actual cable hadn't failed, this little brass fitting would have. I ordered a new cable and fitting from skidim and I am now back in business. Just wanted to let everyone know that this brass fitting is a wear item and should be periodically inspected and greased. If my cable hadn't failed, this brass fitting would have. I have a picture of this fitting but cannot seem to upload it. here is the link to the connector that I am referencing.

http://www.skidim.com/CONNECTOR-CONT...tinfo/R024024/

Great info!
    Thx for the heads up.

Brass fitting failed on mine a few years ago while on vacation. Managed to find one after visiting half a dozen local marinas. Sprayed some motorcycle cable lube into the cable and it has been fine since, though I do have a new cable I've been meaning to install for a while now...