Default 1980s supra help

Picked up an 1980s ski boat. Guy said he couldnt get it to start. I baught a brand new battery hooked it up and i cant get anything. Stereo gauges lights nothing. Ive cleaned the connections still nothing. When i cross starter solenoid it turns over very slow. Wires to key switch were loose in the back. I hooked them back up but im not 100% that they are correct. There is a B S and an I terminal. Orange wire and yellow wire around 10 guage and purple wire 16 guage. Please send me a picture so i can see how its hooked up.

What boat do you have? If don't know put a picture of it up so we can help.
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacase30 View Post
    Picked up an 1980s ski boat. Guy said he couldnt get it to start. I baught a brand new battery hooked it up and i cant get anything. Stereo gauges lights nothing. Ive cleaned the connections still nothing. When i cross starter solenoid it turns over very slow. Wires to key switch were loose in the back. I hooked them back up but im not 100% that they are correct. There is a B S and an I terminal. Orange wire and yellow wire around 10 guage and purple wire 16 guage. Please send me a picture so i can see how its hooked up.
    P M me your email address and I will send you some wiring diagram pics

My boat is an 1987 ts6m. A picture like this would be great. This is mine maybe not hooked up right.
    1470616379694-646873704.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the breaker switch next to the key switch pressed in? It needs to be.
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

The breaker switch was missing and or broken when i got it. This maybe the problem i will mess with it and see what happens.

There is also a large breaker on the back of the motor. You should check that as well

It was the breaker switch next to key and i had the key switch wired incorrect. I used the breaker switch from the lighter plug. Plugged it in and tried starting on me so i wired the switch until i got turning over with key. Very happy Thanks.

Glad you got that sorted. Welcome to the family, congrats, and thanks for saving another great old ski boat. People here are always very helpful. post some pics of the new project!
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

That's a circuit breaker, and if it's not working, the boat will be, for all intents and purposes completely dead. No start, no bilge pump, no fan, no lights etc. If it is not making proper contact, or the connections to it are loose or corroded, you could have some weird issues. If you want to know it's ok, turn everything on you can think of. If things start to dim a lot or slow down etc, then it could be the culprit, but if everything is strong and you aren't getting spark then it's connections to the ignition system some where that's causing your issue. Or a bad module.