Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking through the sales brochure that Daniel gave me as a gift, the 24ssv is 550 pounds heavier and 7 inches wider. I would suspect the big block pushes that weight up a couple hundred pounds, since I have one on an engine stand in the garage, and I can hear the engine stand groaning every time I walk by it. Just the heads on the 496 weigh 78 pounds each.
    I tow my 24ssv all over and have never had any difficulty with maneuvering it.

I have been on an 07 22 and my 24ssv. I love both boats. My boat has the 1100 pound sack up front and I have added 1100 sacks in the rear. It gets a pretty nice wakeboard wake, I am happy with the wake with no ballast. But the good boarders like me to fill them up. It gets pretty big with just the center bag filled. The surf wake is awesome with the 1100 pound sacks.

And I drove 14 hours to get a boat with the 8.1 liter engine. Great engine, plenty of power. Don't get one that has been near saltwater. lol
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    It gets pretty big with just the center bag filled.
    For me, filling the center bag washes out the wake. Mine likes the rear bags filled only and wake plate up. I have factory bags and I am sure if I add more weight I would need to start filling the center. I am still learning this boat.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV - Indmar 8100/496HO
    - 1235 Prop
    - 1180 center bag and 950 rears
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo
    - RGB cup holders and drain light

Tow Mule - 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0