Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just in case you don't think about doing routine maintenance

I had been putting this off. Changed plugs to begin with, but this is what I saw as I dug deeper.

Rodney

2007 21V - Trailer bunks-*Done

I replaced with MSD 8017 cap and rotor.
    Rodney

When was the last time you replaced it?

How do you like your Yeti? It was a good gift for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I've just acquired the boat in February. No telling about the prior owner. The Yeti is hands down, the greatest thing ever! Got mine as a gift as well. It's been put to good use, for sure!
    Rodney

Me too.

Boat was intermittently running like crap. coil wire had some corrosion too and replaced the plug wires and my boat runs 100% better.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum Nauti View Post
    I've just acquired the boat in February. No telling about the prior owner. The Yeti is hands down, the greatest thing ever! Got mine as a gift as well. It's been put to good use, for sure!
    When I purchased my 07 years ago, that was the first thing I changed out. All of it, wires included.

Followed by the fuel filter. I tried to burn all the gas out of it. I use non-ethol now.

Then oil changes in the motor and vdrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Looking to do those in the off season. Dang V-drive is loosing oil too. Not sure where that is going. It's gone through a pint since Feburary, and only about 60 or so hours.
    Rodney

I just went through this as well, was discussing it in another thread. My cap was barely corroded, but intermittently was missing. I changed plugs too, but with only 170 hours, I can't imagine it was the plugs. I actually just cleaned up the cap and rotor a little, and it runs good again. If problem returns in the near future, I guess I will replace. How much was your cap and rotor?
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

About $60 off amazon
    Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    I just went through this as well, was discussing it in another thread. My cap was barely corroded, but intermittently was missing. I changed plugs too, but with only 170 hours, I can't imagine it was the plugs. I actually just cleaned up the cap and rotor a little, and it runs good again. If problem returns in the near future, I guess I will replace. How much was your cap and rotor?
    I had to take whatever my local auto parts store had in stock. I paid $30 for the cap/rotor together.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.