Default New boat recommendations

Looking to upgrade next spring from my 05 21v. I don't have 100k plus to spend so brand new is out of the question. As an avid surf family what boat do you all suggest in the 75k or less category?

I will probably stay with Supra as the 05 has given me zero major problems and also have a 91 moomba with a gazillion hours that has been problem free since we bought it new.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people do you usually take out?

Did you want to move up from the 21?

2018 Supra SL400

Anywhere from 4-8 usually. Bigger is fine

If you like the size of the 21' in the new design, I was just looking at a 2014 SC450 - 110 hours for $77K in Knoxville. Red/Black - nice boat!! That model and year is in the 70s. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/5690258729.html

A 2014 Supra 242 Launch will also be around high-60s or low70s. Harder to find. I think that was the last year of that boat-hull before they started to make the SE in 2015.

If you like the 22 footer, around 2012 was the last years of the 22V. Good hull and motor. Probably high-50s or low60s. I've seen some with around 100 hours on them. I think in 2013 they redesigned the hull, then again in 2016.

Check the ballast upgrades when looking at them.

Nice looking boat. I would like to go with the newer designed boats like that one. I probably need to do a little more homework on the differences of the sc, sa, sg and whatever else they make now. Which boat surfs best in the Supra line up?

Before settling on my 2010 Sunsport 22v I went and drove a 2015 Moomba Mojo with the surf package. That is a BALLER boat and at 23 feet its a damn bargain at ~65k. It feels a lot like the older supras and a 2017 can be had pretty well loaded for less than 80k. That would include the surf system, around 2500 in ballast and a 400 hp raptor motor as well as pretty solid audio etc... Keep in mind this boat has the SA hull to boot, nothing to sniff at.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraCLT View Post
    Before settling on my 2010 Sunsport 22v I went and drove a 2015 Moomba Mojo with the surf package. That is a BALLER boat and at 23 feet its a damn bargain at ~65k. It feels a lot like the older supras and a 2017 can be had pretty well loaded for less than 80k. That would include the surf system, around 2500 in ballast and a 400 hp raptor motor as well as pretty solid audio etc... Keep in mind this boat has the SA hull to boot, nothing to sniff at.
    I was also amazed with the Mojo. I bet you can find a deal on 2016 hold over right now or wait until boat show pricing in the winter.....
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.