Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speaker Issue... anyone ever have this

Hey Folks - Trying to trouble shoot some issues with my stereo. I had a wet sounds bluetooth module installed in my 2010 sunsport which replaced the auxiliary input. Ever since then I am experiencing a high pitched "whine" on the speakers, almost sounds like feedback. Its not really audible when music is playing but when stopped its pretty loud. Talked with my dealer about it and they're stumped. Anyone experience similar issues?

Do you have separate banks in which you separate the amp battery and cranking battery? Reason asking, is they may have tapped into an uncommon ground for the power. Or may be just an over driven signal.
    Last edited by Plum Nauti; 08-23-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    Rodney

2007 21V - Trailer bunks-*Done

Odds are, they wired the new BT to the helm, which is totally separated from the rest of the audio. Was it the boat dealer or authorized wet sounds dealer that you spoke with and installed it?
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

There's the expert! I had a run in with that same thing in the past. I have the iClever Himbox in mine connected to my auxiliary input, absolutely love it.
    Rodney

2007 21V - Trailer bunks-*Done

Ground the RCA's or have them ground the WS deck correctly , the whine is your spark plugs feeding back through the speaker coil , if they installed it , it's their job to fix it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Are those blue tooth modules very pricey? Hard to install?
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

You can get inexpensive decent ones for as low as $40 and higher end in the $75 - $100. There can be some installation advantages to the higher end units like the Wet Sounds or the Roswell Cybox if you are going to interface to the head unit.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Sweet, thanks for the info.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

I have the same issue with mine I just installed. I have hooked it up numerous different ways and to different grounds. All with the same outcome. It's frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I have the same issue with mine I just installed. I have hooked it up numerous different ways and to different grounds. All with the same outcome. It's frustrating

Reach out to the Wet sounds dealer that you purchased from. They got your business, now let them earn your business. Dealers are your first go-to for assistance. They should be able to help with where and how to best wire the BT.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio