Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    Reach out to the Wet sounds dealer that you purchased from. They got your business, now let them earn your business. Dealers are your first go-to for assistance. They should be able to help with where and how to best wire the BT.
    I actually called wet sounds and hooked it up just like he said. Still the same outcome. The wires from the unit itself are like 20ga. I just wonder if that has something to do with it. Or if I have a cheap aux cord. But when stereo on aux and my phone plugged in I have no interference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually called wet sounds and hooked it up just like he said. Still the same outcome.
    How was it connected and how did they instruct you to connect it? No, the small wires are not the issue. Ive done dozens since the release of the release of the BTVC. Only had one that was suspect, so we swapped it out. Turned out to be the customers existing 2nd gen ws-420. That suspect BTVC has been in our stereo cooler for 2 years now, issue free.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    I actually called wet sounds and hooked it up just like he said. Still the same outcome. The wires from the unit itself are like 20ga. I just wonder if that has something to do with it. Or if I have a cheap aux cord. But when stereo on aux and my phone plugged in I have no interference

did you try grounding the RCA's inputs ? wrap a wire around the jack on the unit and then plug your RCA line into the jack .. this will help you diagnose what wire or speaker is not properly installed .. or just buy a noise suppressor
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    did you try grounding the RCA's inputs ? wrap a wire around the jack on the unit and then plug your RCA line into the jack .. this will help you diagnose what wire or speaker is not properly installed .. or just buy a noise suppressor
    I thought about wrapping the wire around the aux input on the wireless controller and running it to a ground to see if that helps

How was it connected and how did they instruct you to connect it? No, the small wires are not the issue. Ive done dozens since the release of the release of the BTVC. Only had one that was suspect, so we swapped it out. Turned out to be the customers existing 2nd gen ws-420. That suspect BTVC has been in our stereo cooler for 2 years now, issue free.
    I hooked the ground straight to the battery, also the yellow to the hot on the battery. I ran the red wire to the ignition switch. And didn't use the blue one. That's how the guy from wet sounds told me to hook it up. At first I had the ground and the hot ran into one of my amps. I wasn't using the red or blue. So I did what he said and still have interference with the engine running

It sure is a pain to troubleshoot, but what you could do is run a separate wire from + on battery to the yellow on the stereo and see if that changes things. If not, connect this wire to both yellow and red (should be wires for always hot and ignition).
    If this doesn't work, run a separate wire from - on battery to the ground on the stereo.
    Make sure to unhook the previous connections first. And run the wire from the battery and over the floor of the boat, just to make sure it is not close to any other wires on the way that might cause interference.
    This way I have located multiple issues in the past. Might be as easy as the ignition has some resistance in it making the red get 12,5 volt and the yellow get 13 volt or something.
    Might be the ground wire running close to the wire to the blower fan.
    Also make sure the amp and the stereo are grounded together. I actually finally got rid of one of my previous issues by running a ridiculously fat wire from stereo ground to amp-ground.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...vice-requested!

A non-responsive or inoperative head unit can make a huge difference. id start with this, before tracing down an unwanted noise.

Anyone at all have recommendations for new head unit and remote? I really want to do a system where I can change volume on the tower speakers independent of the cabin speakers.
    For this, I suggest the Kicker ZXM-RLC Dual zone controller. Fade within the head unit menu can work, but can also be not so user friendly.

Also anyone have suggestions for a good price-point tower speaker? Mostly surf but board some as well so want something we can hear decently 80' back. Doesn't need to be Rev-8 good but something with decent tonality and volume at distance without "blaring" the boat would be killer.
    Sorry, but you wont find a speaker thats loud 80 ft behind the boat and NOT loud near the boat. Thats like looking for a dear riffle that wont hurt some one shot close but kill a deer 100 yds off. If you want good surf SQ and wake range volume, an 8" HLCD like the Wet Sound Rev-8 is the option. Or, the Kicker KMS-67 and pods. If you want the best of both worlds, go with the Wet Sounds Rev-10. If the want the best surf SQ and ok wake range, go with 2 pair of the 8" icon-8 or Kicker KM-8.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...vice-requested!

A non-responsive or inoperative head unit can make a huge difference. id start with this, before tracing down an unwanted noise.

For this, I suggest the Kicker ZXM-RLC Dual zone controller. Fade within the head unit menu can work, but can also be not so user friendly.

Sorry, but you wont find a speaker thats loud 80 ft behind the boat and NOT loud near the boat.
    So the NEWB (me) lost track of this thread and re-posted... Thanks to WylieTunes for pointing me back over here .

It would seem before I deal with the various other issues for this bad boy I should tackle the intermittently responsive MB Quart head unit. It seems that both the "main" unit in the glove box and "remote" unit in the helm are displaying the same symptoms. They'll work well right as soon as the boat gets started but within minutes of running it, they become non-responsive. Display is still lit up, and when I change volume via the VISION system the corresponding change is seen on the displays. No buttons work however.
    I found the brain under the spotter's seat storage area mounted on the bulkhead and pulled the connections for the main and remote, all seems to be in order. No sign of corrosion and they seat firmly when placed (connections look a bit like S-Video connectors.) I'll check the grounds for the "brain" as well as the BTVC the next time I go out to the boat (probably Thursday) but I have NO CLUE if thats issue here...
    The BTVC Was installed by the local Supra dealership who is an authorized Wetsounds dealer. I asked them to look at the unit when they were out at the boat last week and the tech said "those (ground feedback) issues are really hard to narrow down." Not the kind of feedback I was looking for by any means, and they're not exactly inspiring me to do any additional work. They suggested the bluetooth module instead of a head unit replacement in the first place, might have to ask for my $$$ back if this issue persists.

Part of me wonders if I should start fresh as I am already considering a new tower speakers and kicker or WS zone controller (thanks again WylieTunes) over the winter.